Chapter-4: Whispers of the Night

Arita finds herself in a dream, a vivid and surreal world where the emotions are as real as the scenes unfolding before her. As she enters this dreamscape, a heartwarming tableau greets her-a couple immersed in sheer happiness. The woman, donned in a flowing white dress, sits gracefully on a swing, swaying gently in the air. Her husband, with a contagious smile on his face, stands behind her, orchestrating the rhythmic motion of the swing.

The atmosphere is saturated with joy, an ethereal happiness that permeates every corner of Arita's dream. The couple revels in their love, and it is evident in the tender moments they share on that swing.

However, the dream took an unexpected turn. The happiness that enveloping the couple began to fade, replaced by an ominous undercurrent. Suddenly, fire erupts, consuming the once idyllic scene. Panic sets in as the flames spread, casting an eerie glow across the dreamworld.

In the midst of chaos, the woman clutches a newborn baby in her arms. The child wails, sensing the impending danger, while the couple embraces each other, their expressions turning from joy to desperation. It's as if they know this happiness is slipping away, replaced by a cruel twist of fate.

In a heart-wrenching moment, the husband, tears streaming down his face, removes a pendant from around his neck. With trembling hands, he places it around the neck of their infant daughter. The pendant, a symbol of their love and connection, now becomes a token of protection for the little one.

As the family huddles together, a shadow emerges from the fiery chaos. A figure, unseen until now, approaches stealthily. In an act of unimaginable cruelty, the woman, absorbed in her role as a mother, is stabbed from behind. The dream, once a celebration of love and happiness, has transformed into a nightmare of tragedy and loss.

Suddenly, Arita jolts awake, her heart racing with anxiety. Tears stream down her face as she grapples with the remnants of a vivid dream. Confusion and concern fill her mind. "Who was that lady?" Arita questions the empty room, her voice shaky. "What happened to her family?"

Her breaths came unevenly, and a persistent ache grips her chest. "Why am I crying? Why do I feel this pain in my heart, like sharp needles pricking at it?" Arita wonders aloud, her right hand instinctively pressed against her chest. In an attempt to regain composure, she rises from her bed and paces around the room, trying to steady her breath and calm her mind.

The clock displays the late hour - it's already midnight. Seeking solace, Arita moves toward the balcony, drawn by the comforting glow of the moon. The night sky is adorned with the radiant orb, casting an ethereal glow over everything. A gentle breeze caresses her face, and the serene atmosphere seems to envelop her in a peaceful embrace. The leaves rustle softly in the wind, and the sweet fragrance of flowers lingers in the air, adding to the enchantment of the night.

Closing her eyes, Arita attempts to immerse herself in the calming ambiance. However, as her eyes shut, the haunting image of the mysterious woman's face returns. Startled, she abruptly opens her eyes, grappling with the unsettling presence in her dreams. "Why does this woman keep appearing in my dreams?" Arita questions herself, her anxiety escalating.

Overwhelmed by the inexplicable connection to the woman from her dreams, Arita turns anxiously toward her bed. In her distress, she loses control and stumbles over the balcony's edge, succumbing to the dark unknown below.

The rush of air envelops her, and amidst the chaos, Arita's voice pierces through the turbulence, a blend of fear and desperation. "Mummy... Daddy!" she cries out, clinging to the hope that her pleas would reach her parents and bring them to her rescue. As the descent continues, she feels a sense of surrender, believing her time has come to ascend to heaven. Closing her eyes, she prepares for the unknown.

Awakening ShadowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara