Chapter Fourteen

Back in hell, Sabrina is surrounded by demons and the kings as they yell at her.

"Shame!" "Heresy! Heresy!"

"You let him go?" Beelzebub asks her, "Explain yourself, witch!"

"My kings, my kings, I am not surprised you're angered." Lilith steps in, "But may I say as regent, that this was but a silly momentary lapse in judgment." She tries to explain for Sabrina's actions.

"No, that's not true, I–" Sabrina started before being cut off again by Lillith.

"The Queen is still learning, but she guarantees that the next soul she collects will burn twice as hot to rekindle the flames of Hell," Lilith speaks over Sabrina again.

"I would like for the Morningstar to explain for herself" Caliban speaks up from the other side of the throne room. "And explain why she reprieved the mortal. If she pleases."

The room hushes, awaiting for Sabrina. She stares at him, contemplating before coughing to gain her voice. "Um, thank you, Caliban. Well, at the moment, I felt that the man who sold his soul was not worthy of damnation," She begins turning around to acknowledge everyone in the room. "So instead, I chose to show him mercy."

"Mercy?" Beelzebub sneers at her. The room erupts in protest and disgust. While Caliban smirks at the failure of the task and her unacceptable explanation. "Mercy!" Beelzebub cries out again. "What blasphemy."

"The girl makes a mockery out of our sacred prerogatives." One of the other kings calls out.

"Let Prince Caliban collect the next soul. He'll prove worthy." The third king gestures towards Caliban.

Caliban steps forward smirking, "Indeed, I would relish such a task. Does the charge me so?"

Lilith steps in, "She does not. Rome wasn't burned in a day. Sabrina has another soul to drag. If I'm not mistaken, a man by the name of Jimmy Platt." Sabrina stares at Lilith confused where she had heard that name before. "And this time she'll get it right. Won't you Sabrina?" Lilith turns to look at her.

"Did you just say Jimmy Platt?" Sabrina asks in confusion.

"Is there a problem, my lady?" Caliban asks Sabrina.

"No, I know that name," Sabrina says as she looks at him. Sabrina whispers to herself, "He can't be the same Jimmy? She never said his last name."

"She? Which She?" Caliban steps to Sabrina a little nervous.

"I have to ask her if it's him." Sabrina ignores Caliban as she storms out of the room, determined to get the confirmation she needs from her friend.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *     *    *     *     *     *    *    *    *    *    *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

I bang my head to the beat as Theo takes over the verse. Harvey and Roz laugh as they watch me dance horribly. They go into the chorus as Roz steps away from the mic to let me join.

Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!

Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!

We'll listen to Iron—

Sabrina barges in with a giant book in her hand causing all of us to stop to look at her. "Guys! Guys! Crisis Fright Club meeting!" She looks over at me and gives me a stern look. "Good, you're here. I have questions to ask you."

We all move to the couch. Sabrina had the book sitting open on the table. I sit next to Roz as she is right next to Sabrina on the couch. Harvey speaks up from his place on the floor in front of us.

"So, dragging souls to Hell is like, what, your after-school job?"

Sabrina shrugs, "Kind of. But surprisingly, that's not even the weirdest part. Look who's up next." We all look at the book and I freeze as I read the name.

"Jimmy Platt?" Theo reads aloud. My body froze as I relived everything.

"Please!" Seven-year-old me cries. "Why are you doing this? I want my daddy!" His creepy smile widens, placing a finger on his two thin lips. "Shh"

"Hallie." I feel someone grab my arm and shake it. I pull myself back from the memory and jump off the couch. Grabbing my cheer bag and backpack. "Hallie, where are you going? I thought you could help—" Sabrina starts to ask me and I turn around snapping at her.

"No, Sabrina. I can't help you with this." I feel tears on my cheeks as my heart picks up. I storm to the door as I hear Harvey shuffling standing up, "Har, don't. Just promise me you'll end this once and for all."

Sabrina stares at me as she silently nods. I try to smile, but I feel myself break a little more. I storm out and make my way to my room, turning on my stereo; drowning out my thoughts with music.