Chapter Twelve

Roz and I decided to walk to my house after practice as Sabrina was busy. My mind keeps going back to Caliban as Roz talks about my brother and their relationship.

"Hallie!" Roz snaps her fingers in front of my face causing me to stop and look at her. "Why are you so out of it today? This isn't a normal thing for you."

"Sorry, my mind has been racing," I say as I look to my feet, scared to say what's been on my mind.

"Is it Billy? I told you that you're giving him mixed signals—-" She starts but I groan as I cut her off and continue our walk

"Not. I rarely think of him unless I have to." I tell her as she falls at the same pace as me. "It's someone else, I guess—-" I turn to gauge her response and I'm surprised by the smile she gives me.

"Hallie this is amazing! Who is it? I'm guessing it's someone else from our school?" She starts jumping a little as she holds onto my hands, eager to find out my newest crush.

"Well, actually—-" I start before a large flame emerges in front of us and I squeeze my eyes shut knowing exactly who caused it and that he is going to step out saying

"Princess," I peek open one of my eyes as I see Caliban standing there smirking at me. He's almost wearing the same outfit from last night, except his shirt is orange. "I think you summoned me." His smirk grew more.

"I didn't—" but I'm cut off.

"CALIBAN?!?!?!" Roz stares at him in shock. I refuse to move my head to look at her as I start to feel her gaze move to me. She grabs my arm and harshly whispers as she pulls me a step away from him. "Caliban, the one set out to take Sabrina's throne and to enslave every being is the guy that has got you all distracted?"

"I never said—" As I look to her and realize I can't get out of this one. I huff out a breath and look back to Caliban who has this knowing smile on his face. Shit, he definitly heard Roz admitting that I have been thinking about him.

"Roz," I look back to her. "I can explain later. Can you give Caliban and I a moment? Please?" I beg her, hoping she would accept.

She nods and starts to walk throwing a glare to Caliban, but I call to her before she gets too far. "Please can you keep this between us?" She takes a look back at Caliban then to me nodding slightly as she slowly disappears down the road.

"I've been running through your mind all day, princess?" Caliban whispers to me as he smirks that annoyingly handsome smirk.

I roll my eyes as I make sure to keep my distance form him. "No." I try to convince myself, but can't help from breaking as he continues to hold my gaze. I shift my eyes to the path to my house as I mutter, "maybe."

I hear him chuckle and it's one of the most beautiful things. I continue to walk as I hear him jog to catch up with me. He slips his hand to my shoulder grabbing onto my cheer bag and pulling it off me. Now slinging the bag onto his shoulder as we continue to walk.

I shake my head and giggle a little at the moment. The supposed prince of hell is carrying my cheer bag. He must had read my thoughts or expression as he tells me on our walk. "Princesses should never have to carry their bags." I giggle again as I get the flutter feeling.