Chapter Thirteen

"So," I start as Caliban and I walk towards my house. "Is there a reason you are here... walking with me.... Holding my bag?" I ask him as I keep my face forward.

He chuckles a little, "I had a small break from my meeting with the kings about gaining the throne. I came by and got to watch a little show." I feel him look at me, but I refuse to check. "I like your little uniform. You should wear it more often."

I feel myself blush a little, coughing as I change the subject. "That doesn't really explain why you are here right now." I stopped and turned to look at him, "And why did you even say I called for you, because I did not. I don't know how I would even do that."

He smiles looking down at me. "You haven't figured it out, have you, my princess?" I stare at him as my eyebrows furrow in confusion. He steps to me, his voice becoming seductive, "You never have to call out for me. All you have to do when you desire for me—" He raises a hand to my chin slightly angling myself to him. "Feel it, and I will too."

I feel my heart race again as I get lost in his eyes once more. He looks down at my lips and I can't help but look at his too. I feel the both of us lean in, my eyes slowly falling close feeling his breath on my face.

We both jump back as we hear an engine roar just a few feet from us. A truck speeding past us, music blaring out the windows. I come back to earth and notice that I'm only a few feet from my driveway.

"Thanks for, um, walking me home, I guess," I say as I turn back to Caliban; he has a small smile, but disappointment still on his face. He hands me my cheer bag, as I sling it on my shoulder. "I think it's best if I walk the rest. I don't really want everyone, ya'know..." I try to politely imply to him.

"Yes," He speaks as he looks over my shoulder to my house. "We wouldn't want them to find out that you can't stay away from me." He smirks at me teasingly.

I slightly smack his chest, "You are the one that came to me. Not the other way around." I slightly scold him. He smiles as I stand there, not wanting to leave him for some reason. The few times I have been around him, I can't help but feel peace. What witchcraft is he pulling on me? I think as I look at him trying to find out what he is thinking.

"I guess I shall be taking my leave, princess." He leans his head and places a small kiss on my cheek. My face turns bright red from the action and I feel myself smile. Caliban steps back from me smirking the same hot smirk and disappearing into a swirling flame.

I throw my head back as I call out to the sky. "Why can't the good guys be the ones that make me feel like this?!?!?!" I let out a frustrated groan as I turned to walk the rest of my way to my house. Trying to keep the prince of hell out of my mind.