008

Stealth is something I've practised since I was 11 years old. How to enter and exit a room without anyone noticing and how to get around as if I'm invisible. I've always been good at it, finding hiding in the shadows easier and more relaxing for my paranoia. Stealth saved my life once in that kitchen of horrors, I never know if it'll be the difference between life and death again.

So, I keep that in mind as I scale the wall of the Victorian-style mansion, the many cars parked out front enough of a hint that I need to be quiet. Maybe, sneaking into this house is stupid, but I need information like I need air; desperately.

I reach the window on the second floor, the one I saw the two males my age in moments ago. I know exactly which room this is.

Reaching out with one hand and clinging onto the edge with the other, I push the unlocked window open. Then, I rip one of my spare blades from the wall and jam the handle between my teeth, maneuvering myself until my feet hit the carpet inside the bedroom.

I huff, wiping the moisture from my forehead as I look around. The bed frame looks like an antique, very lavish and over the top. Most things in the room around me look old but well-kept, even the draws against the wall are carved with astonishing detail.

Any noise I make must be kept to a minimum, even a too-loud breath could lead to deadly consequences. I remain still, observing the room with my eyes as footsteps sound outside the door. I don't panic, I know who's out there.

Instead, I stand calmly, my arms by my side as I stare at the door. The shadow stops underneath the doorframe, blocking the light with their ankles. It's like they can sense me inside, see through the wooden door and into my ribcage where my heart beats.

The doorknob turns, opening enough for him to step through. Despite pausing outside the door, his eyes widen when he sees me standing in the middle of his bedroom.

Yes, admittedly, it's stupid of me to sneak into a house full of Vampires, especially older ones such as Thomas's father. But, for whatever reason, Thomas won't hurt me. If I want to get to Yasmin, he's my best bet. And what better way to get his attention?