005

          Almost out of instinct, I toss my motorbike helmet towards him with as much force as I can muster. He doesn't dodge in time, the helmet connecting with the side of his cheek. He lifts a hand up to his attacked skin as my motorbike helmet falls to his feet, an angry look on his face.

    "What the fuck?" He sneers.

    "If you brought me here to kill me, I'd like to see you fucking try-"

    "Jesus Christ. You always assume the worst," He rolled his eyes, removing his hand from his now-healed skin and tugging on his hoodie, readjusting himself. "I just needed to talk to you,"

    I scoff, leaning to pick my sticker-covered helmet off of the ground and hold it close to me. "You're really funny, Jefferies. Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you here," 

    "I'd like to see you fucking try," He repeated my earlier words, narrowing his eyes in my direction. He steps closer, a little more light moving to illuminate his features. 

    I've never been this close to a bloodsucker for this long before. He almost looks normal. His doe brown eyes, slight stubble and angelic features make him look like an innocent person. However, I could see beneath his skin where the blood of hundreds swims through his body. 

    "Say please and you just might," I almost whisper, looking him up and down with disgust as I do so. 

    "Fine," He steps back, holding his hands up in the air in mock defeat. A sly grin spreads on his face as he looks at me, something in his eyes portraying that he knows something I don't. The thought makes my skin itch, but I can't let him know that. "If you don't want me to take you to Alex, that's fine by me," 

    The mention of my missing friend's name is enough for me to rip the knife from its spot on my thigh, moving to shove the vampire against a wall and position the knife against his cheekbone. He doesn't make any effort to resist as I do so, instead, smiling down at me from his advantaged height. 

    "I knew you had him. Tell me where he is or-"

    "Or you'll kill me?" He cut me off, amusement in his eyes as he laced his hand over mine, moving my dagger down his cheekbone and over his chin, pushing further down until it was aimed at his chest in front of me. "Do it then. I'm sure Alex will be fine,"