4.1 We never forget the first betrayal

P.O.V - Sienna

Pearl's Pack. january, 14, 2014

Exhaustion clawed at my legs with each stride I took, yet the urgent need to reach her propelled me forward – I dreaded the thought of them finding her first. The premonition of not meeting my end this way gnawed at me. Pearl's voice echoed in my thoughts, chastising me for my obstinate nature, and scolding me for not confiding in her sooner. Reflection was a luxury I no longer had; action was imperative. Blood-stained hands were evidence of the chaos that had unfolded as I sprang towards an opposing wolf blocking my way, dispatched him swiftly, and forged ahead towards the inevitable – Pearl's office.

A wave of nausea overcame me as I made my way down the final stretch leading to what the Alpha coined as my retribution. In my mind, her actions were justified; self-defense is not a crime, and surely her pack would agree – their safety should always come first. Why couldn't Pearl understand that? My intentions were pure as I headed downtown, yet who could have foreseen such calamity? Steeling myself, my mind raced, desperate to find a way out of the abyss that lay ahead. Summoning all my courage, I knocked twice on the door. Moments later, it creaked open, revealing a sight that shattered my last shred of hope.

I was too late!

Rage and shock pulsated within me. How could Pearl commit such a betrayal? Her behavior was unjustifiable, a breach of trust that should never have been disturbed. Criticism for a mistake is one thing, but what Pearl did amounted to humiliation.

Why must she have involved him? A torrent of shaming memories overwhelmed me, drowning my mind in their wake. The chilling gaze of icy blue eyes, his smug attitude, and his taunting grin haunted me once more. The depth of embarrassment weighed heavily on my heart, eroding the self-assurance I had built through years of diligent training—training under the same man who once subjected me to his tyranny.

The place I had once cherished as my haven had morphed into a cell that held me captive over time. Shadowed by his figure, I was tormented by my darkest thoughts. All the strides I had made through therapy seemed to disappear in a fleeting moment—all because Pearl had lashed out in anger. A fierce sense of treachery seared within me; how could Pearl commit such a betrayal? What manner of friend could do such a thing?

Then Pearl materialized from behind him, her gaze laden with sorrow. "Sienna, I'm sorry. This was the only option," she murmured gently.

In my desperation, I implored her to understand, "Pearl, listen to me, please. My intent was never to harm him; I felt ensnared and without an escape. I wasn't even aware he was an Alpha. That's the truth."

Alpha Orion approached menacingly, his presence dark and looming. "You almost killed him, weak girl" he derided before striking my face.

As tears formed in my eyes while I grappled with reality, Pearl's whisper reached me—a whisper rife with remorse—"Sienna, forgive me. Though it breaks my heart to penalize you and to see you suffer at anyone's hand—this has been decreed by the council: You are now assigned to Solaris, Alpha Orion's Pack"

With those parting words, she retreated from my life, leaving me in the cruel hands of that tyrant—betrayed and defenseless. How could she bear it? What right did she have?

I still recall feeling so small and insignificant. When they all left, leaving just him behind, an overwhelming sense of worthlessness engulfed me; it seemed my value was slipping away. Helplessly, I surrendered to him and became submissive to his whims. What was there left to defend? My place in the world had vanished, and no one would notice my absence. This despair clung to me for years.