2.1 - Third Attempt

Word Count: 2223

July, ?, 2021

As soon as she woke up, she found herself surrounded by a lot of accusations. Despite being heavily sedated, the she wolf refused to back down. In fact, she had even broken the doctor's arm the moment the Alpha left the room. She somehow managed to find a drug to sedate the security at the door (not too difficult in a hospital, heh?). However, Sierra had to be sedated again by the Alpha himself because she wouldn't let go of her defiance. She couldn't understand why everyone was making such a fuss. There was no killing involved, so why were they throwing accusations at her like that?

She attempted to find her phone in the hallway, but her search was in vain. She knew why she was tied to the hospital bed and understood the need for increased security, but what she couldn't comprehend was why someone like him would waste his precious time dealing with someone like her. Considering the state of his pack and the people she had encountered who followed him, they were undoubtedly a big and bad pack, just like their Alpha. Everything about him screamed danger. As she struggled against her restraints, the reality started to sink in – there was no escape this time. She would never stop trying to run, even if she managed to break free. But where would she go? These thoughts left her uncertain about her next move.

Those who could escape when everything went downhill were already far away, and she didn't have the courage to call Pearl after abandoning them to deal with everything alone. The only thing keeping Sierra from attacking him was the research. She had to find a way out. But first, she needed to retrieve her belongings. It was frustrating, but she had to try to understand his ways in order to manipulate him into returning her things. She had to comply and appear as foolish as possible.

"The place where you were trained, didn't they teach you our methods?" his deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

She couldn't recall if she had ever encountered a man like him before. His disheveled hair gave the impression that he hadn't bothered to fix it, yet she couldn't deny his irresistible allure. His features were both magnificent and strong, and his all-black attire exuded an air of expensive elegance. Refined. There was something about him that emitted a dominant, alpha energy, and his smug smile indicated that he was definitely a player. For a moment, she wondered if he might be delusional or even an egomaniac. Perhaps he belonged to an unknown organization. Since childhood, she had been taught to trust her instincts, but now she found herself filled with doubt. Uncertainty was like venom, slowly draining the life out of her as she overthought the situation. She had no time to waste, and he was wasting it. While protecting his pack and people was one thing, she couldn't fathom a way to explain what had happened because of him. He had left her confused, and she despised that feeling.

"The best course of action for you would be to willingly answer my questions,". He said, growing more agitated with each passing moment. Meanwhile, I couldn't help but brainstorm trying to come up with a plan to either escape or influence him.

The hospital bed to which she was bound seemed to shrink and diminish as his sculpted body approached, she wished he would just give up or be distracted by something important. The way he looked at her made her fear that she would divulge her entire life to him, even ask for his help. She knew that all of this was a result of the way he made her feel. The fleeting thought that he actually could be of help crossed her mind, but she couldn't trust her own emotions towards him. Her judgment was undoubtedly clouded, unable to pinpoint the cause—whether it was due to distress or perhaps a genuine attraction to him. It could even be a case of Stockholm syndrome, as he had clearly captured her. Sierra felt her survival instincts urging her to be reckless, to try anything, even seducing him. She felt disgusted with herself for entertaining such thoughts, but given the circumstances, she didn't have much time to wallow in self-pity. She had to escape before he did something really bad, like end her for good.