3. Fourth Attempt

Word Count: 1518

July, ?, 2021

The following morning brought news that it was her final day and she would be relocated to her new living quarters. Although she felt slightly improved, she was not at her best. She made her way slowly to the awaiting car, surprised to find a woman behind the wheel. The drive was serene and silent, with the red-haired woman not uttering a single word. Despite her careful examination, the surroundings seemed unfamiliar, as if they were not described in any of the books she had read. Sierra was certain that she knew every inch of the land surrounding Pearl's, yet this place remained a mystery. The car came to a halt, jolting her out of her thoughts. Before she stood a colossal house, and the woman led her inside, beckoning her to follow. They entered a grand living room, complete with a large TV and a spacious couch. Adjacent to it was a massive kitchen. They continued down a corridor, and Sierra had anticipated a horrible place, resembling a sanatorium or a prison, as mentioned when referring to this "Rehabilitation center". However, the woman opened a door to reveal a room that was simple, yet far better than what she had imagined. It consisted of a bed, a bathroom, a desk, and a TV.

"You will stay in this room until your training starts. Do not cause any trouble. Do not provoke anyone. Do not kill. You don't need to remain sober, but if you are under the influence of any substance and the Alpha catches you engaging in a fight or any other inappropriate behavior, he will punish you. Is that clear?" the woman inquired.

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Good. Apart from that, you are welcome to the Rehab House. We believe in rehabilitation and second chances. Please feel free to help yourself to anything in the kitchen and explore the place". She said, attempting to be pleasant, although her eyes betrayed her lack of trust in me. "You have the entire day to explore, but remember, the Alpha will come to speak with you in the evening, so don't wander too far."

With that, she left me alone in the room. It was a simple, all-white space, much less daunting than she had imagined. She noticed a small closet that hadn't previously noticed. With that, she decided to take a bath, change my clothes, and begin her exploration.

After brushing her hair, she hastily grabbed a pair of pants, panties, bra, and a shirt from the closet. Though they were a little big, she found them to be quite nice. As she reentered the room, her soul seemed to momentarily escape her body when she noticed the Alpha standing there, his back turned to the large window behind his desk.

What was he doing here now? Hadn't that woman mentioned he would come in the evening? She wasn't prepared for this moment. She hadn't made any plans regarding what she would say to him. The feeling of him having the upper hand made her despise the situation.

"Good morning," he greeted, turning to face her.

Speechless, shock was clearly written across her face. She felt embarrassed for not choosing better attire to face him. All she could think about was retreating to her room, locking the door, and sleeping. She had no desire to speak to him or anyone else, too exhausted to even utter a word.

"I just came to check on you. You don't look like the type that would go explore on your first day, so I ordered some food for you. Rest today, and we'll talk tomorrow.". His tone apologetic, but that wasn't a real apology.

She remained silent, fearful that she would unleash a torrent of curses upon him. How dare he treat her like this? He was making her stay in a place she didn't want to be, essentially holding her captive. Though she found some comfort here, she couldn't deny that she longed for her own place, her own car, her own home. Anywhere far away from this pack and him. She craved freedom, not mere hospitality.

"Your training begins tomorrow if the doctor confirms you're better. If you need anything, I stay in the pack house. However, I come here every day to have dinner with the entire pack at eight. This is your phone, but the access is limited. Don't bother trying to hack or access any external information. Trust me, others like you have tried, but our team is quite good. My phone number is the only contact you have. If you need anything, don't bother anyone else who is working..."

His gaze held such intensity that she felt as though she might perish. In an instant, he blinked and exited the room, leaving her utterly speechless. How could she possibly find peace after such an encounter? This man's actions made no sense; one moment he seemed poised to strike her, and the next he appeared ready to consume her. It made her question if this was a recurring behavior or if he treated all his captives this way. She didn't trust him, yet she couldn't deny the inexplicable attraction she felt towards him, as if he possessed an irresistible charm. It was as though she had stumbled upon a new kind of drug, one that had never been seen before.

Sierra glanced at the phone on the desk, observing the apps he had installed. If he believed she was foolish enough to join any of them or access her accounts, he was sorely mistaken. She refused to give him access to her true identity. Sierra had been in similar situations in the past, but this time she was determined to separate her personal life from her work. She would treat this mission like any other, devoid of pride for her past actions. Survival was her only goal; she had to find a way back home to her best friend Pearl, her friends, and her family. She would do whatever it took. And just like in those difficult times before, she would do whatever it took once again.

She would train, give her all, earn their trust, and then leave them. Her ultimate goal was to return home and mend whatever remained of her life. The easiest and quickest way to escape was to get close to the Alpha, despite her feelings for the idea. Her main goal was to escape at any cost, and she was determined to do whatever it took. This could involve trying to get closer to him or, even better, seducing and manipulating him. She was prepared to go to extreme measures to achieve her objective. Anything to regain her freedom and reunite with her so-called "family."

Several hours later, a woman in her middle age arrived with food in the bedroom. Introducing herself as Emma, she had striking hazel eyes, curly brown hair, and a warm smile. She was the one in charge of the house.

Despite being closely monitored by the Alpha of the pack, she failed to witness any sort of improvement on her exploration whatsoever. This constant surveillance only served to intensify her feeling of being in constant danger. Sienna couldn't find solace in sleep or food anymore; anxiety was slowly taking over.

Just then, her phone buzzed on the table, and a message appeared on the screen. Hastily, she reached for the phone, trembling hands unlocking it to read the notification.

Alpha: "I've been going through your file, and it seems like it's missing a lot of crucial information. I must admit, you're good, but unfortunately for you, we are far superior, little one ;)"

Beneath the message, there was a file. Nervously, she opened it, and the shock and fear that washed over her nearly made her gag. Her wolf instincts surged, demanding control, but she fought to remain calm and not let panic blind her. He had obtained her file, the one she had long ago deleted from the system, containing her entire life, including the photo she despised the most. Her eyes stung, her throat tightened, and panic spread throughout her body. The one thing she dreaded most had come true; he had her now. Her world crumbled as she realized he had indeed caught her.

She had endured being drugged, restrained, and subjected to the cruelest and harshest treatment possible. The trauma inflicted upon her by him and his despicable actions had not only left her physically wounded, but it had also deeply affected her emotional and mental well-being. The constant torment she had experienced had taken such a toll on her that she felt nauseous, overwhelmed and sick.

She had to put all her previous plans on hold as she desperately try to find a way to escape this situation. He held all the power, but he lacked the knowledge of the research details. She understood that unraveling his power required careful strategizing and finding his weakness and was determined to outsmart him, to make him release his grip and let her go.