Chapter 8

Poor choice of words, if used at any moment prior. Gojirin was still pissed, not spending a second less than to run at Jinshin Mushi and try to kick her square in the mouth, but her foot was caught and secured. She tried pulling out of the latter's grasp, but her limb was used against her and she was hurdled single-handedly across the horizon. Gojirin tried to catch herself, but could only guard her eyes as she crashed and tumbled through the foliage, but once she stopped she got up relatively fine, and ran up to Jinshin Mushi again, who seemed pleased at the prior's determination. With a hulking fist, she expected to stun the Queen of the Monsters, but it was weaved around, and she then felt Gojirin slap her across the face. Treading forward, it took her a moment to realize what had happened as Jinahin Mushi rubbed her cheek, before now wanting blood.
   Both charged and locked fists, intertwined in a pushing match that sent a shockwave, with Jinshin Mushi soon overpowering and breaking out. She raised a fist and attempted to strike Gojirin in the head, but it was again evaded, and she was hit with two jabs across the face, which caused Jinshin Mushi's nose to bleed.

   "What's the matter, Jinshin Mushi," stunned, she looked over at Gojirin, who had raised fists and a stone expression "Afraid to bleed?" The Dragon beetle only barred her teeth, initially in her mind she saw this as an easy victory; a couple blows and she'd be out cold like Dagon, but Gojirin proved more resilient than hoped and anticipated, but that just showed how strong of children could come from her. Now having a look of crazy, Jinshin Mushi's esteem returned, as she was confident in her victory, and she replied "No, I was simply surprised.~" With another clash of fists, a shockwave outputting more force than nuclear bombs rings out, clearing out a dome of rain for a while.
   Gojirin recoiled and clutched her fist as she stepped back in a small retreat. She didn't know if she had broken something or not, but her whole forearm was rattled. Jinshin Mushi shook her fist, wincing as well, before recovering and going for a haymaker. The prior put her arms up to her face to block, and when the fist landed she was curved almost into a U-shape from the force and then jabbed by a smaller arm in the side. Gojirin swung her left arm to swat away that arm but was hit in the jawline by a large right hook. Jinshin Mushi's fighting style was hard to predict and counter without greater strength, speed, or the same amount of limbs. Gojirin still put up her fists, ready to fight.

Near the shores of New York

   Reed was swimming, searching out what he presumed was the Jinshin Mushi. He sensed something in New York; weak and low in radiation, but he didn't know what he was hunting down, he just knew what Gojirin was and wanted to stay clear unless he ultimately had to.
   Like her, Reed could sense the presence of things like kaiju nearby, mostly by his lateral line and ability to detect radiation, unlike her, it was limited to an area; a few hundred kilometers around him. So what he could be persisting was either the Jinshin Mushi or another kaiju.
   He rose his head out of the water near a small land mass, a sinking oil rig beside it, and a giant rusted bronze statue missing its head. Reed was confused, emerging and checking it out. He sniffed the statue and smelled the kaiju's scent on it, which led to the city. Already he could hear the commotion of its rampage going on in there, he clenched and unclenched his fists nervous to go in, before diving and swimming to the bay without a second thought. He'd gone this far, best settle it while he was there.

Back at France

Jinshin Mushi fell back, bruised, with a black eye and a busted lip. Jinshin licked the blood off and smirked before releasing another EMP wave for good measure. Gojirin growled, she had only begun feeling her full strength returning, only for it to vanish all over again. Both charged, Gojirin only pausing when Jinshin attempted to scratch her, only being cut by one talon instead. She still stepped back, and the latter hit the prior close to her hip with one of her larger fists, before uppercutting Gojirin with the other, her response was to bash both fists over Jinshin's head repeatedly, before firing a point-blank atomic breath in her face. The heat of the attack wasn't pleasant, but not as bad as it would've been if it hadn't been weakened, this impacted Gojirin more than Jinshin.
In a swift backhand, Gojirin was stunned and plowed against the Earth from the force. Jinshin caught her breath and stood up, and her ovipositors revealed themselves as she walked up to Gojirin, who was sluggish to figure out what had happened, and the danger she was in. Once she had, before she could even get up, Jinshin Mushi sat down hard in her lap, locked her legs over Gojirin's, pressed her arms on both sides of her, and Jinshin slowly lowered herself down, her ovipositors whipping in impatience before aiming for the atomic flesh they sensed. In a last-ditch effort, Gojirin blasted Jinshin Mushi in the face, point-blank again, the ovipositors retreating to sanctity again, as the latter hollered in pain, before grabbing Gojirin's face and slamming it into the ground. The latter now was allowed to kick, soon getting Jinshin off, and immediately Gojirin jumped to her feet, a glimpse of fear and will to survive in her eyes as she shakily stood ready for a further fight, but it would not come today. Jinshin Mushi stepped back, anguished, and hurt, as was Gojirin. Without speaking, both eased up and stepped back.
"This isn't over," Gojirin said, appearing as though this was mercy, but Jonshin Mushi knew what would most likely happen the next time they met.
"Of course not. I send my condolences to whatever family and friends you have, I'm sure they'll miss you." Jinshin Mushi was cocky in that statement, not that there wasn't any evidence otherwise. She was rather unopposed, even the banter wasn't continued as she walked to her hole, and Gojirin headed for the sea.

Monarch had managed to track them down, and helicopters were around Gojirin, and less so around Jinshin Mushi as she returned to being underground. The prior was sluggish, exhausted, and dreading their inevitable next meeting. She used a finger to wipe what blood dripped from her scar that went up from the left of her waist to the right side of her chin. Gojirin felt fortunate that she hadn't had a vein or her windpipe sliced from that slash. She was more fortunate due to her quick thinking and came to realize how right Rozan was.

   She was going to head to the island at first but sensed a commotion going on in New York. Initially, she planned to just ignore it as long as possible but then detected Reed was there. Gojirin growled in annoyance, before marching into the ocean and starting the swim over.