Chapter 3

Reed was lying down on a flathead of rock to sunbathe. The waves crashed the sides, some of them spraying onto him, keeping his skin moist. He yawned and looked around to see if Monarch was watching him, and immediately he singled a few out. He threatened to blast them with his atomic breath but stopped when he remembered what Gojirin said, and laid back down, but was unrelaxed. Reed noticed something about this research facility; it fully expected him to start acting aggressively and try to attack, so the G.D.F. supplied them with weapons, which wasn't as unusual as first thought. Despite Monarch and the G.D.F. having opposing ideas on Kaiju Girls, and what to do with them, they did collaborate a few times. The Argo was designed by the G.D.F. and was armed with the needed weapons and armor. Reed could smell over the salt the faint fear they reeked of. He grumbled at the thought of them watching before he got up, crawled to the edge, and jumped into the water. He dove down, soon reaching the bottom, and walked around the sea floor. He looked at the massive bases of the stalagmites, which were wider than him. He looked at the wrecked ships, large and small, and he found a submarine, where he found a giant crab attempting to catch a shark behind it.

Reed licked his lips, got off his feet, swiftly over, and snatched up the crab before crunching into its head and cracking it open to get the meat

Reed licked his lips, got off his feet, swiftly over, and snatched up the crab before crunching into its head and cracking it open to get the meat. He ripped off one of the arms, getting a perfect pull, making him pop his lips in satisfaction before sucking it out.
"Mmmm~," Reed said satisfied, before cracking open the claw. As he was snacking on the crab, he soon sensed Gojirin approaching. He immediately became nervous, dropping the grab, and he soon saw her eyes in the darkness approaching, soon he saw all of her. She swam above him, staying higher. Reed bent down, hunching over and not looking at her.
"Reed, stand up straight," Gojirin ordered, to which he complied. "You're probably wondering why I'm back, after a few weeks."
"It is odd. After you made sure everything was in order, you kinda never had a reason to come back."
"You're not wrong. But, I'm not here for chit-chat. I came here to bring you back with me, to my island."
"Why?" Reed asked he was confused as to why she wanted him with her.
"For a simple reason with a nickname; Queen Bitch."
"Who's 'Queen Bitch'?"
"An alien thorn in my side. She's plotting the conquering of this planet to pay a debt to her father. She's already had a war with us, stretching her resources, and ours. Ever since, me and my girls have been training near endlessly. I want you to join us. You're gonna be new, but we could use you to back up our strength should she return with another war."
"Huh. I never knew you flung that way." Reed's comment left Gojirin shocked, she thought of how to respond, pointing to a finger and all, but stopped herself when she thought and blushed hard, before crossing her arms.
"I don't... but that's beside the point. Do you wish to protect this world, and join a cause on your own accord, or do you wish for her to come down here, offer you the same proposition, but not be so welcoming of rejection?"
"Are you threatening me?" Reed said, a bit nervously.
"I'm letting you know real quick the position you could be in," Gojirin stated bluntly "Do you accept?" Reed thought about it, before looking up into her eyes, grabbing his crab, and swimming up to join her.