S2 E2: Pirates vs. Ninja

The ship rocked from side to side as the waves came and went beneath her. The ropes swayed in the wind, bringing attention to the masts where a silver fox sat, tail . . .  no, tails swaying behind it as it watched the deck. After a moment it leaned forward hopping down to the deck, landing just as a cloud of orange smoke appeared with a 'poof'. 

A being swept forth with a wordless cry, a sound lost in the wind, as it brandished two cutlasses towards the fox. In response the fox flared its tails, form rippling and shifting into something only vaguly fox-like. 

Standing on hind legs, hunched forward, it snarled, short muzzle opening to reveal sharp canines. Atop its head, just beside its long ears, were antlers branching upwards adding to its already creepy look. Four tails flicked behind it, silver fur flashing in the sunlight. 

Howling in fury, the creature dove at the four armed being and the two engaged in a short, ferocious battle with the fox-like creature tearing through skin and ripping chunks from the being. In turn, it earned slices upon its skin and face but it never stopped, taking every hit and returning it. 

[M/n] woke suddenly but he did not move, muscles seemingly locked in place as he struggled to comprehend what he had just seen. It wasn't a memory, just a strange dream but . . . 

The rest of the morning continued as normal, with Kai beginning his own regime with Lloyd. He had chosen to focus on Lloyd's punches, showing him a different stance that would allow him to hit quicker and stronger. As a kickboxer, Kai naturally had a quicker punch than most of them and it packed plenty of force behind it. 

"Good, keep it up," Kai praised, taking every one of Lloyd's punchs on the makeshift boxing pads he'd created out of oven mitts. 

"Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!" 

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy," Kai lectured. Lloyd paused in his assault to scoff.

"Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me," Lloyd said, trying a high kick against Kai who only swept out his other leg, knocking him over. 

"Kai is right. Gloating in battle is a good way to get yourself injured or worse," [M/n] agreed, standing from the chair he was in. 

"But they all do it," Lloyd pointed out petulantly. 

"They have also been training for over two years at this point and know enough to hold attackers off," [M/n] retorted sharply. Lloyd looked up at him, a little hurt but he seemed to take it in stride when the olders shoulders dropped. "When you can knock any of the ninja on there ass than you can gloat in battle all you want. Until then, don't."

"I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the five ninja," Wu praised, tapping his staff against the floor. 

Cole piped up from where he and Jay were playing a game of cards, "Great, now that lesson is over, how about some target practice...on Kai?"

"You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya and [M/n]," Wu stated, gesturing towards [M/n], who had already begun heading towards the door. Lloyd bounded after him, any previous upsets forgotten. 

"How come you aren't teaching me Spinjitzu yet?" Lloyd asked as they walked up the stairs. 

"Spinjitzu is far harder than you realize, λιακάδα. To use it, you are spinning rapidly so things can be difficult to percieve and if you use it improperly you can be thrown from it. It can also be incredibly tiring. Using it in a fight is even more difficult."