S1 E8: The Legendary Ninja

Warnings:

- Talk of Blood, Gore, and Death

- Graphic description of wounds, and burns

Stop reading at 'The Lava below bubbled.'

------------------------------------------------------------------

The journey to find the Bounty had taken nearly a week, but they had finally found it. Docked, luckily, so they simply walked right onto the empty deck.

Garmadon fell behind as they walked further on board, blending into the shadows perfectly with his black skin and grey markings to break up his defined shape. 

"Hello! We're home!" Wu called.

From within the ship, multiple voices shouted, "Sensei! [M/n]!"

Nya made it on deck first and nearly threw herself into [M/n]'s arms, happy to have him home. Pulling back she gasped as she saw how much healthier he looked, "Your wounds?! They're gone!"

[M/n] chuckled, nodding but didn't tell her why, deciding to keep that one to himself for a little while. The other ninja, sans Kai, made it up and were quick to greet Sensei Wu and [M/n].

Zane tugged [M/n] into another hug, long dreads brushing the others cheek as he bent down a little. 

"Ah. It's so good to be home," Wu stated.

"We are so glad you both are back," Zane said, pulling back from [M/n] with a soft smile. 

"Did you bring us anything?" Cole teased. 

"Oh, Sensei, have you missed a lot. Zane's a Nindroid, Nya's the mysterious Samurai, Cole's a dancer—" Jay began, only to cut himself off when he saw the bewildered looks the two were sporting. 

"Zane is a...what?" Wu asked, brows furrowing. [M/n] realized Nindroid meant robot and looked to Zane who was watching him worridly. He reached out and clasped a hand on Zane's shoulder. 

Zane was still his brother, no matter what. 

"You've been gone a while. We'll catch you up later. But you should know, all of us except for Kai have discovered our True Potential," Zane reported, relieved that his closest brother held no judgement to this newfound knowledge. 

"Have you now? Where is Kai?" Wu asked, looking around for the red ninja. Said ninja came running up the stairs, panting a little as he came to a stop in front of them. 

"Right here. So glad you're back safe," Kai stated. Lord Garmadon chose that moment to step out from the shadows, making Kai's eyes go wide. "Aah! Sensei, behind you!"

Kai went on the offensive, lunging for Lord Garmadon as Zane jumped in front of Sensei Wu to protect him. "Ugh! He's got four arms!"

"Kai, stop! He is the reason I left. For so long as Pythor has Lloyd, he will be our guest," Wu ordered, forcing Kai to come to a stop as all four ninja gaped at their Sensei.

All of them began talking over one another.

"We have to live with this guy?!"

"But Sensei, he has four arms!"

"Uh, must I remind you ever since he turned evil, he's been trying to get our Golden Weapons?"

Wu's eyes flashed gold but he was quick to take control of himself and force it down. "ENOUGH!"

Nya, who had stayed silent the entire time, looked to [M/n] who seemed calm and wholly unbothered by Lord Garmadons presence. She wouldn't trust him but she'd tolerate him as long as he was needed.