S1 E5: Can of Worms

Warning:

- Blood, Violence, and Gore

------------------------------------------------------------------

[M/n] woke as soon as the door slid open, but kept his eyes closed and body relaxed. Shifting slightly, he reached for the blade beneath his pillow, only to remember he was not in his own room and had not brought the blade with him.

"Easy, my student," Wu soothed, allowing [M/n] to relax. Sitting up, he carefully manuevered Lloyd from his grip. "I have an important job for your charge this morning."

Tilting his head, he silently inquired further but Wu shook his head. 

"I shall explain once he is awake so I do not have to do so twice." 

Huffing, [M/n] gently shook Lloyd awake before climbing off the futon so he could dress. As he pulled on his regular jeans, forgoing his GI till there was a mission, he listened to Wu's instructions and lesson for the day. 

Tugging off his sleep shirt, he felt Lloyd's wandering attention focus on the tattoo spanning across his back and the surrounding scars. 

"Woah," Lloyd said, completely forgetting about his uncle. Luckily the man had kept his instructions short in case he got distracted. "When did you get that?"

Chuckling, Wu stood and left, leaving them to plan and prepare. 

"No idea."

"No idea? How do you not know when you get a tattoo?"

"I don't remember because I have amnesia, Παιδί."

"Amnesia? Like you can't remember anything?" 

"That is the definition."

"Oh. Do you know what it is? 'Cause it looks really cool."

"I have a vague idea of what it is."

"What's the weird creature on this side?" Approaching, he poked at the image so [M/n] knew which one he was talking about.

The 'creature' he was talking about had long, bovine hind legs, branching horns, a long lion-like tail with a tuf of fur on the end, and a flat, mask-like face with tusks. A more traditional Oni depiction, if [M/n] remembered correctly.

"It is called an Oni. Creatures of Darkness, and Destruction. Old legends surround them, but the oldest is the Tale of the Three."

"The Tale of the Three?" 

"I will tell you tonight. As a bedtime story."

Lloyd squawked, refusing to be treated like a child and conveniantly forgetting about the bedtime story read to him the night before. His loud squawking gave [M/n] time to finish dressing.

"Now, do you have any ideas for your . . . mission?" [M/n] questioned, cutting him off. 

"Uhm, well, wasn't Cole cooking something last night?"

"Yes. It was his . . . famous Violet Berry Soup. You plan to ruin it?"

"Yeah! But who do I blame it on?"

"Jay. He is the most vocal of his dislike of Cole's food."

"Ooh, and then Kai was talking about some video game with Jay, and saying it was his. Uhm, oooh! Fist to Face 2!"

"Cole can be blamed for that. And I'm assuming you don't know about the other two."

"Yeah."

"Jay's been fixing up a training bot for us, so I can mess with it and blame it on Zane. He's the only other one of us able to be blamed for that. And Zane's GI's are likely in the washer so if you stick Kai's GI in, it will ruin it."