S1 E2: Home

Warning:

- Blood, Gore, and Violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[M/n] sat on the engawa facing the courtyard, sharpening the black blades of his Tessens as he supervised the ninjas training. 

"Ugh! Come on!" Kai complained, having been thrown from his Spinjitzu again. He'd been getting better, holding it for longer and longer each time.

"Oh, you want a little more? Take this!” Cole taunted the dummy he was attacking, working on his scythe skills.

"Haha! Watch me beat this!" Jay dodged the arrows with a fancy flip, jumping high enough that they passed harmlessly beneath him. 

Zane sat, off in the corner, meditating, completely zen even as the others shouted and caused general chaos throughout the different sections of the courtyard.

The door behind [M/n] slid open and Wu silently joined him, radiating pride. "You did not wish to join them?"

"What challenge would I face? I know their moves long before they know mine. Besides, they wished to practice solo."

"Ninja go!" Kai, once again, used his Spinjitzu, maintaining his hold on it. 

Like a flip had been switched, Zane jumped up breaking out of his meditation.

First, he jumped in front of Jay, dodging the next round of arrows, forcing Jay to drop to the ground to avoid getting hit himself. "Hey!"

Zane darted away, using a disarming move on a surprised Cole to take his scythe. He then used it against the dummy as Cole watched, dumbfounded. "Hey! What?!"

With a cry of "Ninja go!", he used his Spinjitzu and ice spread from beneath him. The shurikens had activated, causing the ice, though [M/n] couldn't tell if it was on purpose or simply a reaction. 

"Woah, oof!" Kai yelped, crashing to the ground and sliding across the ice.

Scowling, the three slowly made their way across the ice to the engawa where Wu and [M/n] were. The steps, which had mercifully been left unfrozen, became their perchs as they glared at the white ninja. 

"This roof isn’t big enough for the four of us,” Kai hissed.

"Correction: This roof isn’t big enough for him,” Cole said.

"It’s like he’s in his own little world,” Jay muttered before turning and raising his voice. "I BET HE CAN’T EVEN HEAR US!”

[M/n] scowled, standing.

"Sensei, Zane’s . . . weird,” Kai complained.

"What is weird? Someone who is different or someone who’s different than you?”

[M/n] shoved past them, shoulder checking Kai as he passed, nearly knocking him off the step. Crossing the ice was fairly easy, and he quickly made it to Zane who was practicing his katas on an unfrozen patch of cobblestone.

"May I join you?” 

"Of course, my friend.”

Together they ran through the basic katas of Aikido, Zanes preffered fighting style. They moved in unison, counting the steps as they moved. 

The doorbell rang, exciting the three on the stairs, who shouted in unison, "Mail!"

Rushing to the door, one of them flung open the door to reveal the exhausted, panting postman who'd had to climb up the mountain. It took him a moment to catch his breathe before he began passing out letters.