19.

Nicki took the liberty of fully taking over both Parkwood and the honeytrap in Bey's absence

Nicki took the liberty of fully taking over both Parkwood and the honeytrap in Bey's absence. Creating private events for the club, scouting new talent for the label, and cutting checks left and right. In that time she managed to learn how to fully manage both companies and grew a newfound respect for Bey's work ethic. She also took Papa Bear, Rumi, Sir, and Blue to and from school so that Bey could remain in full recovery, attended the children's after-school activities, and helped with homework. 

Her music had to go on hold while Bey was healing, which left a sour taste in her mouth but she loved being able to spend time with the people she loved.

"Jamal, Markell... I need ya'll doing security at Parkwood tonight for this event im having for this hot new artist. " Nicki said softly.

Both of the men looked at one another in confusion being that theyve only solely worked at the honey trap. Usually, Beyoncé's bodyguard Julius handled all the record label affairs.

"Uh.. boss, what about the Hon-" 

"Don't worry about it Markell, just know me and Nicki have it covered for the night. The new musician just won Artist of the Year, her name is Tyla."  Jay spoke up. "Shawty gone make us a lot of bread if we pull this single release party off right."

Nicki looked at Jay and then back at the two men, "Okay so let's make sure we're professional and effective okay? Julius will train you."

Markell nodded his head quickly and agreed while Jamal stood there starstruck at the idea of him meeting this woman who he had the biggest crush on. 

"Where's the little Latina shawty? Carmen?" Jay asked softly. 

Nicki shrugged and looked at her nails in detail, she then began filing her manicure. "In the dressing room. why do you need her?"

"i just wanted to ask her about the routine and make sure she had it remembered for tonight." Jay slickly said.

Nicki rolled her eyes and pushed by Jay. "i handle the girls, especially the new ones. You worry about Rayna. that baby mom of yours."

Jay chuckled and shook his head, knowing Nicki always had a strong personality when it came to her business. "Alright, alright. I'll leave it to you then. Just make sure everything runs smoothly tonight."

Nicki let out a sigh as she watched Jay walk away before turning back to Markell and Jamal. "Alright, let's get this event set up and make sure everything runs smoothly tonight. Tyla's big debut is going to be a huge success, I can feel it."

The men nodded in agreement, eager to impress Nicki and show that they were capable of handling the security for both Parkwood and the honeytrap. Nicki may have taken over in Bey's absence, but she was proving to be just as capable of running the show.