4.

Nicki stayed double parked outside the house while Beyoncé packed a few of her things to leave. Bey then called Ms.Tina and had her pick up Blue, Sir, and Rumi from the neighbors. The last thing they needed to see was their parents having a divorce fight. Marissa was unaware that Beyoncé planned on leaving that same night. Usually after the two fight they work it out and move on from it. No matter how big.

"Bey I thought we had a connection, you couldn't give me a heads up?" Marissa said to be while she held back tears.

"I'm so sorry but I need to do what's right," Beyoncé said sternly.  " I can't be with one without the other, that's not how this works." Bey reasoned, "For what it's worth, I promise to be the best person I can be to you, I will always have your back."

Marissa took her words with contentment and went downstairs to let them continue talking, she refused to intervene any further.

"So not only did you have to rub it in my face that you're leaving but you have the nerve to change your hair color to celebrate it? oh, so this shit was premeditated?" Jay said following Beyoncé around the house.

Bey continued to ignore him so he reached out to her, gripping her wrists up and pinning her against the wall. "Beyoncé do you fucking hear me?"

"Shawn get off me, you're hurting me," Beyoncé said softly with tears in her eyes.

He tightened his grip and kept Bey pinned while he spoke hoping that she would listen.

"Please don't go... I love you." He begged.

Bey's wrists began to grow limb and her body did the same. "Jay... let me go please," she begged... panting frantically. "we haven't been in a healthy space for years now, You cheated on me so many fucking times and I grew weak, insecure, vulnerable, and even stupid. Stupid enough to think adding another woman in the equation was going to make this shit work but clearly it's not. I did shit for you that no other woman would. I am exhausted." Beyoncé snapped.

"Look at me? Do you even still see the woman you married? When was the last time I chased any dreams I once told you I had before we wed?  Look at who I became. I became you. Marissa will live... she doesn't know half of the shit we've been through. She's only been around what? a year Shawn..."  Beyoncé said whimpering.

"Nah... don't put this shit on me. I asked you plenty of times if you were sure and you said yes."  Jay yelled back, her voice beginning to crack as he loosened his grip and tears streamed down his face as well. "what am I supposed to do without you?"

"I said yes because I was petrified Shawn, I was so fucking scared of losing you, losing a family I could have as my own that I lost myself in the process," Bey said softly. "You broke me..."

Jay sat and watched as tears fell down Beyoncé's cheeks. She couldn't stop crying even when she tried to help it. Her chest caved in as the second wave of emotions came crashing down. Then she finally looked back at Jay's reddened eyes and wiped her face.

"But today I'm choosing not to be broken, I want to choose myself, Jay. And if you're truly sorry. If you love me like you claimed you did for all these years you would let me go, baby. I need to be let go."

Jay sighed heavily, his anger and frustration gradually subsiding. He realized he had hurt Beyoncé deeply, causing her to question her self-worth and lose sight of who she was. As he looked into her teary eyes, he saw the pain he had inflicted upon her and the brokenness that he had played a part in creating.