Curseworld, Part I

As the Bounty landed at Steep Wisdom, Kai questioned Wu about their plan. "Shouldn't we be going to Stiix?" He asked as the others left the ship. "The longer we wait, the worse it'll get."

Morro was in Stiix, summoning his army of ghouls while he waited for his master. The people there were under attack and the ninja needed to help.

"We need to stock up." Said Wu.

"On what?" Jay asked as they walked to the courtyard. "Magic tea that will make us invincible?" He gasped. "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

As they walked into the courtyard, Wu shook his head. "Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest if the merchandise along with everything else."

The front door at a sign with a large red X painted on it. Concerned for her uncle, Charlie stepped forward. "What? You sold your business? But that was for your retirement."

Wu said nothing, but Charlie could sense a faint sadness from him.

The doors of the shop burst open and out rolled Cyrus Borg. "Ah! Hello again, ninja." He said cheerily.

Upon seeing his pupils' confused expressions, Wu began to explain. "While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know."

Cyrus looked at each of the ninja, a smile on his face. "It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. A titanium Nindroid. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh?" He laughed nervously as the Master of Earth looked down. Charlie took his hand, earning the attention of Cyrus. "Charlie's a leader. Jay looks shorter. And, and then there's Kai."

Charlie tried not to snicker as Jay steeped forward. "Hey, what do you mean I look shorter?"

"I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase." Said Kai. "We don't have much time."

Cyrus nodded. "Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you." He pressed a button and the flower pattern in the middle of the courtyard opened up. A platform with three vehicles rose up. "If you want a little muscle with that hustle," Said Borg. "I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage."

Jay's mouth hung agape as he stared at the blue car. He walked towards it, turning around to speak to the others. "Oh, why did the ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" He jumped in and began driving laps around the courtyard.

"Zane's Ice Mech." Cyrus said, gesturing to the large white mech. "Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze to competition."

"Super cool." Zane said as he climbed in. "And I mean quite literally."

Cyrus turned to the Black Ninja. "Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh...bodiless."

Cole's smile was wider than ever. He ran his hand along his new ride as Cyrus continued. "And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite: soft rock."

"I do love a slow jam." Cole admitted as he turned on the radio.

The inventor turned to the Masters of Darkness and Fire. "And for you, Kai and Charlie." He tossed them each a thick cloth of their colors.

"A headband." Kai said as he took the fabric in his hands.

"Thanks?" Charlie said, not sure what else to say.