Kingdom Come

A light breeze floated around the gates of the Cloud Kingdom. Charlie's hair blew gently in it's path as she and the ninja gazed upon the golden gates leading to the city in the sky. A man walked down the steps and opened the gates. He had grey robes with gold accents. "Welcome to the Cloud Kingdom." He said. "We've been expecting you."

Jay glanced at the ground. "Heh, how are we–"

"Standing on a cloud?" The man finished. "Easy. In other Realms, there are other rules. I'm Fenwick. I've been asked to show you around."

"Nice to meet you." Said Kai. "I'm–"

"Kai, yes, we all know." Said Fenwick. "You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago."

Cole stepped forward. "Then you know–"

"You've traveled far for the Sword of Sanctuary, a power weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack." Fenwick said. "It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."

"Blimey," Said Zane. "But how be you–"

"Finishing your sentences?"

Charlie folded her arms. "Yeah, it's getting–"

"Annoying." Fenwick finished. The Purple Ninja scowled, but that didn't stop the robed man. "Up here we know what's coming next. Come, Morro isn't far behind. Follow me and I'll explain." He turned to the stairs and began to climb, the ninja on his heels. Charlie felt something was off about him, but said nothing. They needed to find the sword.

Fenwick led them into a grand hall full of scrolls, a library. The tall ceiling was gold and each wall was filled to the brim with shelves of parchment. On each side of the walkway were monks writing on their scrolls. A few of them looked up from their work, mummering in amazement. "Wow, it's the ninja." Said one. They all wore simple robes of either grey or beige. Some wore hoods and others had messy locks of brown or dark blonde hair.

"I know you're familiar with a few of the realms." Fenwick said as he led them down the hall. "Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the Sixteen Realms that exist parallel to Ninjago."

"Sixteen Realms?" Asked Kai.

Fenwick nodded. "In this realm, we strive for greater understanding and let go of distractions. There is no television, no video games–"

Jay halted in his tracks and folded his arms. "No video games? Hmmph. Not impressed."

"It appears all any lad does here be writing." Zane observed.

The grey haired man leading them gestured to one scroll a monk was writing. "That is because here, our words matter. You see, in Clouds Kingdom, we are the Writers of Destiny. It was here that I was decided that Lloyd should be the Green Ninja." He took the scroll. "And just now, that Zane should find his voice again."

"I sense my vocal pattern has returned without any repairs." The Titanium Ninja smiled as he spoke, but Jay scowled.

"Ugh! He doesn't talk like a pirate anymore."

"How'd that happen?" Cole asked.

Fenwick gave the monk back his scroll. "It was written."

Jay looked over another monks shoulder. "Hey, guys, he's writing about Dareth!" He pointed to the parchment and spilled ink all over it.

The monk gasped in surprise. "Oh, poor Dareth!" Whatever Jay did, it wasn't good. The Blue Ninja laughed nervously as the monk attempted to right Dareth's destiny.