Grave Danger

Art is mine. I'm still learning how to draw height differences, so it's not quite accurate. The top of Charlie's head should be just under Cole's chin, for future reference.

The ninja were quiet as they made their way to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. Cole piloted with Zane's help navigating the depths of the Endless Sea. "We're almost to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master." The Master of Ice said.

Cole smiled. "Yeah. Can't believe we're almost there after all we've been through."

Kai looked nervously out the window. "I can't believe I'm underwater."

Cole's smile changed to a frown. "You? What about me? Just how thick is this glass?" He talked the window a few times, carefully so his hand wouldn't phase through.

Th screen popped on in front of them with Sensei Wu standing there. Misako was behind him, busying herself with a scroll. "We're heading to your location now." He said. "With Morro already ahead of you and able to foresee the traps protecting the tomb with the Sword of Sanctuary, it's going to be up to you five to find the Realm Crystal before he does."

Jay chuckled nervously. "Hehe, Cole's a Ghost, Kai can't swim, we have no magical sword or Elemental Powers. What could go wrong?"

Misako stepped forward, glancing down at her parchment as she spoke. "I may not know they three tests you're about to face, but I discovered a riddle that makes reference to it that may help: 'A Spinjitzu Master can. A Spinjitzu Master cannot. To move forward, don't look ahead, to find his resting spot'."

"Huh." Charlie said as her mother and uncle signed off. "That's food for thought."

Jay gulped suddenly. "Speaking of food, we're about to be some!" Following his gaze, the ninja laid eyes upon a Leviathan chasing them through the depths.

"We have to go faster." Kai urged. Cole did as he said, but the creature kept up. It smacked the glass, sending large cracks through the fragile material. "Why did the tomb have to be underwater?!"

"Hold on!" Cole said as he maneuvered R.E.X. away.

"Ugh! What kind of weapons is this thing equipped with?" Charlie groaned.

"We don't need weapons. Aim for that rock!" Zane ordered.

"On it." Cole piloted the airship through a rock with a whole in it. As the Leviathan chased after them, it got stuck and the ninja made their escape.

"Yeah!" Jay cheered. "All right! Thatta boy, R.E.X.! Thatta boy!"

It wasn't long after that the ninja came to an air pocket. Once R.E.X. broke the surface of the water, they jumped out onto the shore of the cave.. "If you wanna hide a tomb, this looks like a good place." Said Cole. "We're here."

Jay walked over to a jagged rock, grunting in frustration when he found a piece of green cloth. "Argh! There goes any hope Morro couldn't find this place."

"Hey, stay positive." Charlie said. "We're about to risk our lives going through traps we know nothing about. All we have to rely on is each other. At least feel lucky we got this far."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right." Jay said sarcastically. "What was I thinking? Hey, there goes any hope Morro couldn't find the tomb! We're not alone! Yay! Now we're gonna have to fight him again! Sure we got our tails handed to us last time, but you never know in the future, because ninja never quit? Better?" He added in a normal tone.

Charlie shrugged. "Eh, I'll take it."

"Look!" Zane said. They turned to where he was pointing. There sat a statue of the most powerful man in Ninjago, and Charlie's grandfather.