The Temple on Haunted Hill

Time for the feels...oh Lord, here we go... Art isn't mine.

Yang's Haunted Temple. By night it was a dark, mysterious place, daring it's victims to step inside. By day, it was the same, but tour groups treaded it's spooky grounds. "Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple," Tour guide Patty said. "The historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu." She pointed to a mossy statue of Yang where to tourists snapped several pictures. "Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside it's walls at sunrise, will be turned into a ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils"

"I HOPE IT'S NOT A RUMOR, FOR IT IS OUR ONLY HOPE!" Zane yelled at the top of his metal lungs. Since they were on the road, Jay had limited materials to fix Zane's voice mod. But he accidentally jammed his volume. Several people stared at the ninja, including the upset tour guide.

"Ah, sorry about my loud friend." Cole said. "He's a little hard of hearing."

Patty walked up the steps to the temple, clearing her throat before continuing. "Known for his unusual teaching methods..." The tour group followed her, but the ninja hung back.

"I thought you said you fixed him?" Kai hissed to Jay.

"At least he's no longer talking backwards." The Blue Ninja reasoned. "I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck, hehe."

"AT LEAST YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME NOW!" Zane said, directly in Charlie's ear. Nice. Patty shot them a dirty look, but they ignored her.

"Well, from now on," Cole started. "Only speak if you have something really important to say."

Kai scoffed. "Who put you in charge?"

Cole glanced at Charlie before answering. "I did. After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sunup."

Charlie hummed in thought. "Since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue."

The tour started to leave. "Well, the sun is setting," Patty said. "Which means we should get back to the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a Ghost." She giggled as she boarded, and the bus left giving the ninja a chance to sneak around.

Zane, Jay, and Kai began to snoop around for entry points. Windows that weren't boarded, or a loose plank they could pull. Cole went to go help them, but Charlie grabbed his hand. "Hey, I just want to thank you for taking charge."

Cole gave her a soft smile. "Of course." He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, but still, Charlie felt the need to explain herself.

"It's just, I could never lead as well as Lloyd, and I don't want anyone to be disappointed when I fail." It wasn't just her team she was afraid of disappointing, it was her father. It was hard being the daughter and sister of the people who decided the fate of Ninjago. It made the expectations so much higher, even if neither Lloyd nor Garmadon had any expectations. Charlie set the standers for herself so high that she worried she wouldn't be able to accomplish anything.

Cole frowned at her. "No one would be disappointed, Charlie. I think you would be a great leader." He was going to say something else, but Jay cut him off.

"Hey, leader! Wanna lead us?"

Cole rolled his eyes. "C'mon, let's go help them." He gave her a quick kiss before pulling her over to the others. Jay was trying to open a window, so Cole moved to help. Charlie looked around and her eyes settled on the door. She looked at Zane before reaching for the handle and opening it easily. Cole stopped and looked at her sheepishly. "Oh, uh, okay."