Ghost Story

you may notice that I changed the timeline of the story slightly. In the original transcript, Wu says that Morro showed up shortly after Garmadon went to train with Chen. But we know that that takes place over 40 years before the show, and since Charlie and Morro were friends, and Charlie's 19, it doesn't add up. So I changed it to "shortly after Garmadon was banished to the Underworld", giving a more accurate time for Charlie's age. I don't know how the ninja met Ronin, so I will be zero help with that.

~~~~~

Charlie's stomach dropped to her toes as she watched Morro chase them. Her hood was up, protecting her face from the harsh wind. Morro was after them in her brother's body, as if her life wasn't weird enough.

"Take positions." Wu ordered.

They ran out onto the deck, watching for Morro. The Master of Wind seemingly disappeared into the dark sky. But a sudden gust of wind said otherwise. He appeared on a corrupted version of Lloyd's Energy Dragon, ready to fight.

"I'll give you this much: That ninja never quits." Said Cole. Morro disappeared into the clouds again, only to reappear behind them.

"Port side!" Zane shouted.

Charlie turned to Jay. "The cannons!"

Understanding, the Blue Ninja ran to their cannons. He shot at Morro, but the Ghost was too quick. Jay got off the cannon and slid down the deck over to Wu. "Aah! Let me get this straight." He shouted over the wind. "You're just telling us now that you had another pupil with Charlie, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?"

Wu looked down at the bamboo staff in his hands. "Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after. There's a secret message engraved on it. All these years, I had no idea."

"Of course." Jay shrugged sarcastically. "Ha, just another day in Ninjago."

Charlie looked around and saw Morro coming around for another pass. "If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble." She watched as Morro flew upside down over their ship. He fell from his dragon, landing gracefully on the deck and summoning two jagged blades. He laughed maliciously, scrapping his blades against the wood.

Charlie's mouth went dry. How could she fight him? One whom she shared her home with. Her hopes and dreams, only to be left behind like dust in the wind. Wu turned to the ninja, snapping the Master of Darkness from her thoughts. "I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff."

Zane nodded. "Kai and I will take you to our quarters while Jay, Cole, and Charlie will keep him busy."

"Oh, that's honorable for you to nominate us." Cole deadpanned.

"Yeah," Said Jay. "We didn't fare so hot last time. Why is it you get off with the easy task?"

Kai and Wu had already gone through the trap door. Zane stood by it, ready to jump in. "Because I'm the intelligent one." He hopped in, leaving the three to fight Morro.

Jay pulled out his sword and shrugged. "Ah, let's take this guy." He charged.

Charlie gripped her blade. Her palms were sweaty, and her foothold faltered. But she ran to Morro. He had fought off Cole and Jay, and was blowing them towards the edge. Charlie swung her sword, but Morro was skilled and blocked her.

"You're so predictable, Charlie." He said. "Just like when we were kids." He swept his leg beneath her, dropping her to the deck. The Master of Wind raised his sword, ready to deliver the final blow. But suddenly, a double edged blade disk knocked a sword out of his hand. Behind him was Nya in her Samurai armor. She caught her weapon and jumped down from the upper deck.