VII. Red Night

Excitement filled our adjoining room as Aliza squealed and giggled about hearing my proposal to go clubbing. Well that was really an unusual thing for me to say. I wasn't really fond of going to clubs though I have quite the experience of hanging out with Aliza once. It was during her 16th birthday. We slipped past the bouncers with fake IDs, all thanks to Aliza's friend from high school.

Going clubbing isn't really a bad thing to do. Some people were just up for relaxation and fun just like what I intend it to be. Others just stained it with other intentions like going all dirty and taking a trip to a nearby motel while intoxicated. Yes, the grinding, almost making out scene on the dance floor or basically everywhere will be a normal thing to see, that's something I won't deny. Though I haven't really gone to the point of having someone's body grinding next to me. I was with Aliza all the time and guys were on a meter radius distance. Hilarious, but true.

Since then I haven't gone clubbing that's why Aliza seemed surprise about my suggestion. I know she's been dying to be in there and asks me out frequently, I just turned them down. I have no excuse at home. That incident, I have Aliza's birthday as an excuse. After that, I'm good to be at home.

"You should wear something nice, Becks." Aliza said while rummaging in my wardrobe while I am reading a novel.

"By definition of nice when it comes to clubbing, should it be bare backs? Or v-necks with my boobs begging to escape from the dress? Or clothes that require less fabric?" I asked.

"C'mon, Becks. I'm not the slutty friend. But try something not too revealing." She said with a grin.

"Not slutty? But almost there?"

"Shut it." She continued digging through my limited edition wardrobe. Why limited edition? Nope it's not filled with classy, sophisticated labels. Because the clothes you might see in there were just limited. Get it?

"Hmm, how come your wardrobe's like this? Isn't clubbing clothes not on your list?" She asked.

"Nope, crossed that one out long ago." I answered and continued reading.

"How come I was the only one excited about this?" she said with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm excited about it too." We turned to face the door and standing by the doorframe was Andi with hands on his pockets. "It will be my first time to go clubbing with you guys though I've seen Aliza get all wasted on the dance floor." He teased and that caused a flying sweatshirt at Andi's direction which he caught single-handedly.

"My clothes! I know it's trashy but no need to throw it." I stood up and Andi handed me my sweatshirt.

"Your room's obviously girly, Rebecka. I didn't know you were the type." He said while looking around the room.

"You are obviously sneaky. I didn't know you were the type." I fired back.

"Hmm, good one. I'll see you girls later." Andi said while smiling at me and then headed out the door.

"Unbelievable." I muttered to myself.

I caught a glimpse of Aliza's sinister grin. "What?"

"You're getting comfortable with exchanging dialogues with him, huh? Looks like my job's gonna be easy." She said in a sing-song manner on the last part.

"No one hired you, Liz. Stop it." I said then slammed my back on the bed.

"Consider it as voluntary work." She answered while sitting at the edge of my bed.