V. Heartless

I never thought seeing someone so down and broken inside, could be this painful. I really wasn't accustomed to see my own reflection on a far worst scenario. It's like he's in torture and I am left to witness something morbidly done silently.

I glanced at his face for a few more seconds and all I could see was sadness, longing and pain. He sought love from his father who never have given him a bit. He longed for his attention and now that they got separated, all he could do was to weep like a poor child. All the pain may have changed him and have turned him into this kind of guy; the cold hearted, somewhat introverted, uncaring boy.

I can see myself in him, actually. I can see the same fear of the unknown as you struggled to keep it all together. To keep yourself from going on. To keep holding on to that something you don't know. To keep thinking that everything's gonna be alright even if it wouldn't. It's difficult. But you can't do otherwise but to live it up and see it as normally as it could possibly be

I sighed at the thoughts that came running into my mind. I should cast all of my problems away even if it's just temporarily. But all the things that are happening, what I'm seeing, what I heard, what I knew, drives me back on to that long road of endless emotional torture. And I find myself on the slums again. Hurt and helpless.

Kyle must've sensed my presence as he looked my way. His eyes reflected the pain he must be feeling, and he automatically stood up and walked past me.

"Hey." I called out to him but he didn't even turn to face me. "Wait, Kyle," I said as I held the hem of his sweatshirt.

"What do you want?" He asked in complete annoyance. He's looking at me with those burning eyes and that's when I let go of his shirt.

"I-I just want to ask you if you're okay." I stuttered as my voice fell crack on the last part.

"Why do you care?" He asked in a very monotonous manner.

"It's... It's just that.." I couldn't find any words to say to him. If I give him sympathy, he may misunderstood it as pity. I don't want to sound godly and tell him, it'll be okay even if I know it's not.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" He asked playfully and I was a shocked at his sudden change of tone. His sudden change of mood.

But later on, I did understand what he's trying to do. Or what he's trying to make me see. Just like me, he doesn't want others to see just how weak he could get. He's overly confident of pretending and do the make-believe strong guy he wants all to see. But he can't get that through to me. Because I can see the pain in his eyes mirroring the pain I am feeling.

"I want to ask you if you'd want to accompany me to go get the bike Andi and I left at the grocery store." I said, trying to cut off the almost topic.

"And why would I do that?" He asked firmly.

"Well, as what I can see, you're not doing anything and Andi and Aliza's pretty much enjoying the waves and I don't want to take a swim and I do pity that old bike left all alone." I said, gassy.

He looked at me with a raised brow and a skeptical look on his face. He remained examining me until I think he's had enough speculations.

"Fine. What do I get in return?" He asked.

I paused for a while. Contemplating a fair enough bargain for his help.

"Ask me right after we took the bike home." I said and walked past him with small grin.

"That's unfair." He objected.

"No it's not. It's totally fair. Let's see if you'll deserve a prize for your service." I said wittily.