Natural Ally

Windsor Castle, 1541 

No one POV 

Charlotte was walking around the gardens and said "Edward, Edward, Edward, are you here?". 

Charlotte walked closer and said"You can't avoid your lessons forever, yours are necessary" and she walked closer and found him. 

Edward said "I know, but they are boring." 

Charlotte said "I know you don't like them, but they'll be incredibly useful to you once you are King." 

Edward groaned and Charlotte said "You could try, Come on, I'll be there, I can help you as well." 

Charlotte held out his hand and he took it. 

Edward said"You never give up, you would be a good Queen" and Charlotte said "Well, that's not possible for me, and even if it was, it's not what I want." 

They walked inside the room. 

Inside, Edward was learning Latin and Elizabeth said "Qui mihi discipulus puer es..." and Edward said "Qui mihi... dis...". 

 Edward looked out the window and Lady Bryan and Charlotte looked at each other and Elizabeth walked up to him and said "Edward, now listen closely. When you have a tutor, you have to learn these things, Edward. Cupis atque...Doceri..." and Edward said "Cupis... Atque doc...". 

Elizabeth said "You want to go and play?" and Edward said "Yes, if it please you, sister." 

Elizabeth said "One day you will be a great King, Edward. I know you will be. And very strong. But also fair and merciful. I want you to be a just ruler, and then indeed you shall be a great King.
Now... go along and play." 

Edward ran out and Charlotte chased after him. 

Lady Bryan smiled and said "Thank you, Elizabeth. And God bless you!". 

Outside, Charlotte and Edward were playing with toys and Edward said "Why do I have to always stay inside, I prefer staying outside."

Charlotte said "Well you get to spend this time out here" and Edward said 'Why does Father treat me so differently." 

Charlotte said "Because your his son, His heir." 

Edward said "Do you think Mary gets sad by that." 

Charlotte said "I don't think she gets sad by that, I think she's sad by something else" and Edward looked over and said "I wish Father would let Mary marry, I think she would be happy in that and having children of her own." 

Charlotte said "Yeah, I know, I hope that too, I want her to be happy too." 

Edward said "I want you to be happy, you and Lizzie" and Charlotte said "I want you to be happy." 

Edward smiled. 

That Night 

Charlotte walked up to Edward who was sleeping and Charlotte said "Good night, Edward" and then she saw Edward was sweating and then touched his head. 

Charlotte said 'No no no, someone help, someone help, Lady Bryan, please." 

Elizabeth ran in with Lady Bryan. 

Elizabeth said "Charlotte" and Charlotte said "He's sweating and he's warm, feel his head" and Lady Bryan felt his head  and Elizabeth said "It'll be alright, Charlotte, it'll be alright, Edward will be fine." 

Elizabeth held Charlotte close and Lady Bryan said "Go fetch a physician. Run!" and a guard said "Yes Madam." 

Lady Bryan said "Send a message to my Lord Hertford."