Chapter 4 Part 1

It's the morning of my 18th birthday. I'm happy and sad at the same moment. Happy because well it's the day I was born and sad because as usual Morgana isn't here to share it with me.

I get out of bed and head to my closet looking through it until I finally find something at least interesting to wear. It was a burgundy kind of brown shirt with a pocket on the left side, hitting it off with short blue jean shorts, some light brown flats, and sunglasses for this hot July weather.

I then went into my bathroom and took a shower waking me for the day ahead, and we also can't forget to help me smell good and clean. Stepping out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my body to dry off. After drying off I sit on the toilet and put on my lotion, then deodorant, brush my teeth brushing it three times using mouthwash after that some floss, washing my face, and last doing my hair putting it up in a ponytail.

Finishing up with my daily routine even on my birthday. I head downstairs into the kitchen to smell the most amazing food I had ever smelled. It was a half of dozen of pancakes same with the waffles, a stack pile of bacon, and some fresh cut watermelon. Mmmm yum.

It was made by Johnny or as we/he likes to be call John my second older brother after Steve.

"Happy Birthday Mia!!!" my family calls out when I fully enter the kitchen.

"Thank you." I say once giving every member of my family a hug. But when I get to John I say "Thank you for the food John and glad you made one of my favorite foods on this special day."

After thanking everyone, we sit down at the family table and eat our amazing breakfast. We sit in silence until my older sister Rachel after Mike who is the 5th oldest speaks.

"So, Mia what do you plan on doing until the Red Ball?"

"I was planning on going to the mall with Kelsey, Jade, Cleopatra, and Mary to get a dress for the Red Ball."

"Oh okay. Be back at 8 p.m. so we can do your hair and makeup."

"Okay."

If you are wondering (which you probably are) what the Red Ball is, it is a ball where every year when an werewolf turns 18 there is a ball held for those so they can find there mates. The red comes from during the ball the moon is red or when people like to refer it as a blood moon.

It all started about four hundred years ago, when a man name John Pickett of high status came up with an idea of a way for others to find their mates. Instead of going the usual way. Which mostly involved weres to go and search for them out in the wild. Usually resulting in death because they really didn't understand the concept of "what's mine is mine not yours so back off."

It got pretty intense if you know what I mean. So as I was saying... wait what was I saying... Oh. Oh yeah! John Pickett made a decision that instead of people risking their lives to these unholy acts to the Moon Goddess for blessing us with our other half to enjoy forever. He came up with the Red Ball.

It signified and showed that weres can still come together and not start some stupid shit. All ages between 13-18 were gathered at a castle in the up hill of London. The castle was majestic that it fit all the requirements of what John was looking for.

Until the 20th anniversary of the Red Ball. Their was an incident involving two different mate couples. The first mates of the couple were Sapphire Johns and Denmark Fare. The second mates were Ruby Allway and Parker Hitchwork. They were between the ages of 13 and 16.

Ruby was the youngest out of the four. She was 13. Ruby has a very outgoing personality. Very outspoken for her age. Always wanted to have fun of some sort.