Chapter 11

Suzie said nothing she just stared at Chris as tears started flowing down her eyes. "Please don't cry Suzie I promise we will meet again." Chris said looking at Suzie. "Alright I will stop crying but first tell me when will me meet and how?" Suzie asked with both anger and sadness in her voice. "We will meet I promise! Let's meet at your dream college! Let's meet again at IIT Bombay." Chris replied.

Suzie hugged him she didn't knew what to say. She was devastated. She didn't want him to leave, she really wanted to tell him about her feelings but she held herself together and pulled away. Chris was in shock but the hug made him even more sad. He was going to miss her a lot. She was no longer just a classmate who sits beside him in the class anymore.

With heavy heart they bid each other farewell. The last hugs were the warmest. Everyone wished him the best. The next day Chris had his flight he was leaving the country and Suzie wanted to see him for one last time she hurriedly booked a cab and went straight to the airport. She started searching for Chris she was scared that she had missed the chance to see him for one last time. After a while she found him! She finally found him!

But  someone was hugging him, it was a girl. At first Suzie thought it was one of his cousins but as she made her way closer to him she saw that it was.. Rosy?! Why was Rosy hugging Chris?? Suzie couldn't believe her eyes she remembered how Chris had said that he could never like Rosy then why was she there? When had they gotten so close?

She kept looking at them before running out of the airport as soon as possible. Chris saw her, he wanted to go after her but she had already left. He landed there after a few hours and quickly opened Instagram to message Suzie but she had blocked him, he tried contacting her from every platform but failed.

He made multiple attempts to talk to her he tried messaging and calling her. He knew she had misunderstood him at the airport that day, he wanted to clear it up but couldn't. He couldn't focus on his studies and didn't get along well with his new classmates, his grades were declining. His parents were afraid that he won't be able to get good grades in the finals.

He cried every night. He was missing everyone especially Suzie. He asked his cousins to ask Suzie to talk to him but they couldn't convince her either. Suzie's condition wasn't any different either but she managed to keep up because of her friends but Chris had no friend there. His new classmates weren't as friendly as his old ones he couldn't get used to them.

Just as he had decided to give up he received a text message from Grace which said, "Vic told me that you aren't doing really well there. She told me that you aren't able to adjust there. So I just wanted to tell you that we all believe in you. We all believe that you can do this, we know it must be hard but we trust you. As for Suzie, I don't know what the reason is and why she is acting this way but I am sure she wants the same. Remember when you both talked about going to IIT together? Don't break the promise. Make it come true. We all trust you."

This melted Chris's heart it motivated him to work hard. The promise of getting into IITB made him study harder. He studied with great enthusiasm. Suzie was working hard day and night to make her dreams come true. At times when Chris felt like giving up, he thought of meeting Suzie once again this kept him going.

Suzie on the other hand studied to hide her emotions from herself. She studied to forget about Chris, to not fall in love again with the same guy, she hid her emotions behind the burden of her studies. She refused to give up.

Meanwhile Jake and Grace had made progress in their relationship, Grace had told him about how she heard him tell his friends that he liked her later she told him that she liked him too. They were in a happy relationship. But they both were worried about their best friends. Grace knew Suzie was studying to run away from the fact that she likes Chris and Jake knew that Chris was suffering there because of Suzie's absence.