Introduction to the Intelligents

****Narrator****

"Come on I really wanted to sit beside you today." Ben said to Suzie. Although Ben seemed genuinely sad, Suzie knew very well that he only wanted to sit next to her because of the upcoming math test. Suzie said nothing and just smiled at him. "Why does Mr. Smith always have to do this?" Ben continued. Suzie again said nothing and smiled sweetly. Suzie had gotten used to it by now. She knew very well that most of the kids are friends with her just because she gets good grade and that no one genuinely wants be friends with her.

"Come here Ben sit next to Farah." Mr. Smith said calmly. Ben walked up to the front of the class where Mr. Smith was standing and started pleading him to not change his place and let him sit next to Suzie. Mr. Smith denied and again asked him to take his bag and sit where he was told to. Even after being told many times, Ben refused to agree and kept pestering Mr. Smith. Chris was standing behind Ben and seemed angry as he frowned. Mr. Smith lost his cool and said loudly, "Either you sit next to Farah or get out of my class." Ben quickly took his bag and went to his assigned seat. Mr. Smith then turned to Chris and said angrily, "Now you go sit next to Suzie and you better not create any drama because I am not going to have any of it." Chris calmly went to his seat and sat down.

"Let's begin todays class with a grammar quiz let me see how good my beloved students are in grammar." He said in a sarcastic tone. "Let's begin with you Suzie, tell the class what present participle is with an example." The teacher said. Suzie answered the question perfectly without any difficulty. Mr. Smith praised her and gave her the tittle of the ideal student. He then asked Chris, "Tell me what an adjective is?" The whole class started laughing and talking amongst themselves about how basic the question was. "What is he a 9 year old?" Someone said laughing. Suzie felt bad for him but saw not even a glimpse of sadness on Chris's face. "What is up with all the noise? What are you all laughing about? He is new to the class and maybe this part wasn't covered in his previous school. You all should be ashamed instead of helping your new classmate you all are laughing?" Mr. Smith said shutting everyone up. Chris however was unbothered and answered the question easily.

The teacher continued asking questions and every time he answered correctly, the difficulty level increased. Chris answered all the questions correctly to everyone's surprise. Mr. Smith applauded him and asked him to sit down with a broad proud smile on his face. Grace looked at him with her eyes wide open in surprise. This was the first time when some student had answered all the questions asked by Mr. Smith and got praised so much.

****Suzie****

This jerk turned out to be an intelligent one but he is still a jerk anyways. It's his first day and not only has he already became everyone's crush but also has become Mr. Smith's favorite. He keeps on getting on my nerves.

****Narrator****

Suzie didn't realize that she was staring at Chris for a few minutes now. Chris noticed it and stared back at her. Suzie finally realized and looked away. "What is wrong with you kiddo?" Chris said with the intention of teasing her. "Who is a kid here huh?" Suzie said angrily. "You haven't even turned 13 yet have you and everyone else is going to turn 14 soon aren't you a kid then?" Chris said. "Shut up and focus on the class!" Suzie replied.

The bell rang and it was time for the short break. Mr. Smith asked Chris to meet him in the office and asked Suzie to show him the way before walking out of the class. "Ugh why I have to be with this jerk even during the break?" Suzie whispered to herself. "Jerk? Did you just call me a jerk? And do you really think I want to be with you? Just show me where the office is and we can go our separate ways!" "What separate ways? I will still have to see you everyday in class. Whatever just follow me." As they walked to the office through the corridor, all the girls looked at Suzie enviously. Although none all them seemed like they meant no harm to her, there was someone who was different. She looked at Suzie with anger in her eyes, she was glairing as if Suzie had stolen something from her.

The girl was Rosy, the head girl of the school. She belonged to the richest family of the city. She was known for being a spoiled brat. No one had seen her father as he would always be busy during the parent teacher meetings and send someone else on his place. Even so, every kid was scared of him because of the way Suzie described him.

She would always threaten her fellow classmates and brag about how rich, wealthy and powerful her family was. And she wasn't lying either. Her father was a businessman and had connections with many political leader. She was neither good in studies nor a well behaved student. She was made the head girl solely because her family was rich and her father owned majority of the shares of the school. She was always rude to her classmates and was known for getting her way out of any situations.

As Chris walked inside the office, Suzie waited outside. She was still able to hear their conversation. Mr. Smith was inquiring about Chris's previous school, parents, where he lived for the moment, etc.. The bell rang and the break was over Suzie was angry because she had to spend her break standing there. Mr. Smith walked out of the office before Chris and saw Suzie standing there. He then asked her to show Chris the way back to class.