Prologue

Dusk Shine POV

"Hoo-wee! Your very first Prince Summit. You must be over the moon, Dusk." Applejack stated. 

"Oh, I am excited—but to be honest, I'm a little nervous too." I stated, being honest. 

"You're nervi-cited! It's like you want to jump up and down and yell, 'YAY ME!!' But you also want to curl up in a teeny tiny ball and hide at the same time." Pinkie Pie said, changing tone from happy to nervous. 

Pinkie zips over to me after getting up. 

"We've all been there." Pinkie said as she gave me a noogie and zipped off. 

"I'm there almost every day." Fluttershy stated. 

"You got no reason to fret, Dusk. Everythin's gonna be just—." Applejack said, but was cut off by Rarity, on the edge of total panic, races up to me.

"Dusk! Oh, sorry, darling, but I just realized you're not wearing your crown. You haven't forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?" Rarity asked. 

"It's in my bag. Just feel a little self-conscious about wearing it." I stated. 

My wings suddenly spread upward, and she eyes them with visible trepidation.

"Haven't really gotten accustomed to these yet, either." I stated, flapping them a little bit. 

A bit more wing work causes me to hover lopsidedly just above the ground for a few seconds, after which I fall down on my belly.

"You are a prince now, Dusk. Embrace it. I'm telling you, if I had a crown like that, I would never take it off. Why, I'd sleep in the thing." Rarity stated.

The holder of said crown allows herself a slightly exasperated smile

The holder of said crown allows herself a slightly exasperated smile. Dissolve to a close-up of two closed doors, which swing open to reveal the throne room of the Crystal Castle. Armored crystal ponies standing guard on either side of the pink-carpeted aisle blow a fanfare, and the other three Princesses stand before the throne. Celestia is in the center, Luna and Cadence to her right and left, respectively. Of the visitors, the most taken aback by this greeting is me, as I advance wonderingly along the carpet. Not paying attention to where I was going, I veers off and bumps into a pegasus mare whose yellow-tan coat, her mane and tail are a beautiful h/c and her eyes are a e/c(it's you in your pony form!)

"His Highness, Prince Dusk Shine!" A guard introduced me. 

Giggling, Cadence steps across to me, with Celestia not far behind; me and Cadence nuzzle happily.

"Dusk! I haven't seen you since the coronation." Cadence said as Princess Luna joins us. 

"We have so much to discuss but it can wait until tomorrow. You all look tired from your journey. Now off to bed, all of you." Princess Celestia stated as me and my friends exit amid a flurry of chatter and a few excited outbursts from Pinkie. 

Dissolve to me and Spike in a bedroom lit only by a lamp on a nightstand and a broad shaft of soft moonlight through the windows. I'm using her magic to unpack my suitcase, while Spike makes up a small bed in a basket that sits on the floor not far from mine. A stack of books is first to go in a drawer; next I levitate out my crown and regards it worriedly for a moment. A quick spin puts it the right way around, and I settle it on my head and ponder me reflection in a mirror. My sigh prompts Spike to pause in making his bed.

"What's wrong, Dusk?" Spike asked. 

"I don't know, Spike. I'm just...worried, I guess. Princess Cadence was given the Crystal Empire to rule over. What if now that I'm a prince, Celestia expects me to lead a kingdom of my own?" I asked.

"That would be awesome!" Spike exclaimed. 

"No, it would not! Just because I have this crown and these wings, it doesn't mean I'll be a good leader!" I exclaimed as I flared my wings and I float my crown of my head. 

"Aw, sure you will, Dusk. Now come on. (He tucks her in.) You should get some shut-eye. Big day tomorrow." Spike said as he turned the light off. 

I try and try, but I can't get comfortable in my bed. I toss and turn in my bed, but my brain won't shut off. 

 "Just trying to get comfortable!" I exclaimed. 

I finally managed to fall asleep, only to be woken up by the sound of somepony in my room. 

"Huh? What?" Spike asked

I sit up with a sleepy moan and glances toward the stallion and then I see a sparkle from my crown in his bag as he runs off. 

"My crown! He's got my crown!" I screamed. 

The thief bursts out through the doors and into a full gallop before I can do much more than get my head out.

"Stop! Thief!" I screamed. 

Now I got my legs in gear and gives chase as my friends put their heads out from their own bedroom doors.

"He's stolen my crown!" I screamed. 

I hear various sleepy/confused mutterings from the others as Spike races after me as I warm up my horn and teleports ahead of the fugitive.

"Stop!" I stated. 

Imagine that he has a cocky smile

He teleports away, leaving his cloak to fly into my face, and materializes directly behind him so that hi is seen in full for the first time. The stallion had a  red/yellow mane and tail are done in curling waves, his cutie mark is a yellow/red sun with flames issuing from it, and he wears a pair of saddlebags. Throwing a cocky glance over his shoulder, he sprints off down the corridor, only to find me and my friends hot on his trail a moment later. I snap at his tail, gets only air, then tackles him to the floor. However, our combined momentum carries them through a set of closed double doors and into a room filled with various artifacts as the others hurry to catch up. Most prominent among the lot is a large mirror set in a frame styled as an upside-down horseshoe, mounted on a small round platform.

My stolen crown flies out of Sunset's saddlebags, ricochets around the room, then sails toward the mirror. Instead of shattering the glass, though, it passes right through and leaves a pattern of glowing ripples that soon fade away in a shower of sparks. Gasps from all but him, who merely smirks at me. 

"What did you do with my crown?" I asked. 

"Sorry it had to be this way...Prince." The stallion stated as he dove into the portal. 

"Who was that?" Fluttershy asked. 

.

.

.

Hey, my little ponies!

I hope you're ready for an amazing adventure! 

I know I am! 

I love you guys and I hope enjoyed the first chapter! 

PEACE OUT BABY!