Prince of the Fall Formal

Previously on MLP EG...

"Oh no! I'm late for class!" Fluttershy said as she ran off.

.

.

.

Dusk Shine POV

I walk to Prince-Principal Celestia's office and I knock. 

"Come in." A voice said from the other side of the door. 

The door opens to expose me, trying to open the door with my head against the doorknob. Although partly obscured by the back of the chair, the pastel colors of the long hair give her away as Celestia. Very light pink skin, violet slacks, light yellow shoes, and a light tan sleeve can be seen, and she is looking at some photos in a file folder. I straighten up partially into a semblance of a bow before the camera shifts to a head-on view of the principal, who glances over the folder's top edge without lowering it right away. The sleeve is attached to a blazer.

"How may I help you?" Principal Celestia asked. 

I stand up, shoots a quick look back at Spike—who is now peeking out from her open backpack—and sets the bag on the ground. It is now seen to bear a copy of her cutie mark.

"Um, uh...My name's Dusk Shine. I'm new here and, well, I understand that Fluttershy found a crown this morning and gave it to you." I stated. 

"Yes. I've had Vice-Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up on the front lawn. Were you interested in running for Prince of the Fall Formal this year?" Principal Celestia asked. 

"Uh, no, not exactly. The truth is...well, the truth is, I...you see...the crown is actually...Princess of the Fall Formal?" I asked. 

"It's Canterlot High's big fall dance." Principal Celestia said. 

"Like the Grand Galloping Gala." I stated. 

"Uh...Grand Galloping Gala?" Principal Celestia asked, confused. 

"Oh, uh, it was a big deal at my old school." I said. 

"And was there a Prince?" Principal Celestia asked. 

"Yes, but he wasn't exactly a student." I stated. 

I catch a glimpse of a photo of a younger Sundown Glare, who was smiling warmly, positively ecstatic in a white suit with a gold belt at the waist, wearing a gold flowered crown with Y/n who was wearing a matching outfit with a flowered tiara and was smiling warmly. Then I see two more photos in a row with the first; each of these shows a slightly older and cockier Sundown Glare in different suits and Y/n, but Y/n lost her warm smile bit by bit, in a different dress and a more ornate crown.

"Here at Canterlot High, the students select one of their peers to represent them. He receives his crown at the Fall Formal and it placed on his head by Y/n Sentry, the princess of Canterlot High." Principal Celestia stated. 

"Hmm. You asked me if I was interested in running for Prince. Can anyone run?" I asked. 

"Yes. You just need to let the head of the Fall Formal Planning Committee know you'd like to be on the ballot. Was there anything else?" Principal Celestia asked. 

"Um...nope, that was it." I said as I forced a smile. 

"Well, if you do need anything else, my door is always open." Principal Celestia stated.  

I leave the office and Spike looks at me with a confused look. 

"Dusk, why didn't you just tell her the crown was yours and ask for it back?" Spike asked.