Confrontation & Sabotage

Previously on MLP EG...

"I can't wait to see it, Sundown. The gym looks great, Pinkie, it's perfect. I love you guys so much. You're the best friends a girl could ask for." Y/n said as she left the gym.

.

.

.

Dusk Shine POV

From here, cut to an adjoining hall, some of whose lights are flickering or burned out. I step into view to regard a dim dead end as Spike peeks from my backpack and one open locker door creaks on its hinges. 

"Can't believe I didn't recognize you earlier. Shoulda known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil here after my crown—and his little dog too." Sundown Glare said. 

"It's my crown!" I stated. 

"Whatever. This is just a minor setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and I already rule it." Sundown Glare stated. 

"If that's so, why do you even need my crown? You went to an awful lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here." I said.

"Pop quiz. What happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world?" Sundown Glare asked and I didn't know. 

"You don't know? Seriously? And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student? Then again...what were the chances she'd find somepony as bright as me to take under her wing after I decided to leave Equestria? Bit embarrassing that you were the best she could do." Sundown stated. 

Then Spike pokes his head out of my backpack and growls at Sundown Glare. 

"Oh, and I'd keep an eye on your mutt. Hate for him to be...taken away from you." Sundown Glare stated. 

"Is that a threat?" Spike asked. 

"Oh, of course not! But I'd cut down on the chatter if I were you. Don't want everyone to know you two don't belong here, now, would you? You want to be a prince here? Please. You don't know the first thing about fitting in. Oh and by the way, Y/n is mine, not yours, mine." Sundown stated as he walked off. 

Sundown Glare POV

"I want you to follow him. Bring me something I can use, just like you did with that last boy who thought he could challenge me. and who thought he had a chance with Y/n." I told Snips and Snails

"You got it, Sundown Glare!" Snips stated. 

"When the crown, its power and Y/n are mine, Dusk Shine will be sorry he ever set hoof into this world—not that he would have been much safer if he'd stayed in Equestria." I stated. 

"Yeah, in Equestria." Snips said. 

"What are you still doing here?!? Go!" I exclaimed as they ran off. 

Dusk Shine POV

I was walking around the school and I realized that I didn't know anything about this world. 

"Sundown Glare is right. I don't know the first thing about this place. If I'm gonna really fit in and win votes...we need to do some research." I stated. 

"Research?" Spike asked. 

"This place has a school. I have to believe it's got a...library!" I stated. 

Outside again; I bound in joyfully, her motion revealing a large central table set with computer terminals and topped by a large wooden horse-head bust, not too different from the one in the Ponyville library. At the center table, I sit down at a computer but can do little except blink and stare uncomprehendingly at it. My backpack rests on the floor next to her chair, and Spike has climbed out; meanwhile behind her, Cheerilee is re-shelving a cartload of books.