Tetchō Suehiro-AU-Part 1

PS: A lady-in-waiting (also called waiting maid) is a female personal helper at a noble court. A lady in waiting would be in charge of waking, dressing and accompanying a lady in her daily activities. She helps a queen, a princess, or other noblewoman.

___________
The cooks from the royal kitchens worked without a break.They boiled, tasted, disapproved, cut, took out of the oven all kinds of food.No one was lazy,everyone tried to do everything as quickly as possible.It was the last meal of the princess before she left the country and married the prince of the neighboring country to strengthen the relations between the royal families and their countries.This meal was supposed to be special.Her last meal at home.
The head chef was giving orders and sighed when she saw [y/n].

[y/n].

She was a lady-in-waiting,or easier to say,court lady.Everyone knew she was the princess's favorite.She was a stubborn woman and she respected someone only when that someone respected her.She regarded the nobles with a certain contempt, which they often deserved.
Even though [y/n] looked mean and stern, she had a kind heart and everyone knew it.
Especially for Tetcho, one of the princess's personal guards, the leader of the army, the best swordsman in the land. He would go before the princess with a few men from the army, and wait for her at the entrance to the neighboring country.That's why [y/n] was here.She was preparing some food for him.
The cooks were teasing her about it.
"Food for hubby?"
"Don't poison him with this food."
"Look here, you can see with your own eyes how the ice-hearted queen is stabbed by Cupid!"
"Someone is in love."
"You took the saying 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach' seriously."

[y/n] scoffs. "I don't love him! I just.. I was thinking that maybe he'll get hungry on the way or something, or he'll get homesick.. "
The cooks stop their work for a few seconds to look at her, then they all burst out laughing.
"Sureeeee!"
"And I'm a fish."
"I have never heard anything more idiotic."

[y/n] leaves the kitchen with a wooden bento box in her hands.She was annoyed by the words of the cooks.Why did they think she would somehow be in love with him?It was stupid! She just cares a little about him.Nothing more.
She went to the army area and asked to speak to Tetcho.She was led into his office, where she waited for him.It wasn't a very big office. There were weapons hanging on the walls and all kinds of useless documents on the table.[y/n] noticed a painting. She knew it from somewhere..The painting was painted by a skilled hand. There were two people in the center of the image. A woman and a man, but they had no faces.According to their clothing, they were a lady-in-waiting and a knight.Around them was a large meadow full of all kinds of colorful flowers. The knight was kneeling in front of the woman, while she looked down at him.He was kissing her hand and around his wrist was a black ribbon.A little further from them was a Grim Reaper, who had his hand outstretched towards the knight.
[y/n] analyzes the painting and frowns.How many questions she had in mind now.What could this painting mean? Is the knight dead? But what did the black ribbon mean?..A broken promise?

"Hey!Not possible!...This is my painting!" [y/n] scoffed and she was ready to take the paint and look for her signature on the back.But she immediately turns around when she hears the doors open and Tetcho's voice echoes into the room.
"Indeed, I know it is yours." Tetcho says.He was dressed in his silver armor.His sword was in his belt scabbards.He looked at her seriously. "I bought it." He moved a little closer to her. "What are you doing here? You know I will leave in a few minutes."
"Uh,I came to give you this." [y/n] hands him the bento box. "Take care of yourself! Don't be reckless like usual." [y/n] scolds him.Tetcho take the bento box and pats her head.She blinks, spechless. What the hell?
Tetcho was always a calm and serious guy, and he wasn't too embarrassed about the things he did. Like now.

[y/n] cheeks were burning.She took his hand off her head,trying not to show him that he messed up her thoughts with his simple action.[y/n] leaves quickly,still scolding him.She heads to the princess's residence.