ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

The next day is like any other day which is you will repeat all your routine as long as you are in the Kamar Taj which is waking up, breakfast, classes, training, lunch, reading and dinner and then repeat it the next day. Unless that day is different. today is the difference.

You and Stephen, whose confidence is becoming more apparent after a few months of his low profile, walked towards the room where the two of you met the Ancient One for the first time after being summoned by her. In your point of view, this must be about yesterday's incident which is understandable because obviously Wong will report it to the Ancient One seeing that she is the Headmistress of this place.

And now you need to thicken your ears for the Ancient One rambling session which obviously led to punishment such as running around the Kamar Taj or clean library here. You looked at Stephen nervously. Stephen who was wearing a dark blue tunic appeared calm and curious as he strode towards the Sanctuary which was only a few steps away. He and the dark blue tunic are so perfect which you found him rather attractive and dashing in that mature color.

Compared to you who wears a F/c tunic that suits you, which you found very comfortable and cool in the eyes of people. Not to be left out, your fingerless gloves on both of your hands are a gift from Dhani who said they are lucky gloves because they have been through many battles before. So technically it is a little more 'effective'.

Although the tunic that you and Stephen are wearing looks like it is difficult to wear and looks thick with various fabrics and covers, but it is actually light and cool because the material used is a material that is easy to catch the wind no matter what color it is made of. Probably one of the spells they use to make these tunics comfortable to wear.

"You're staring at me" Stephen muttered.

You came out of your reverie. "sorry" you shyly looked ahead.

"Like what you see?" Stephen said, teasingly.

"I always like what I see on you especially those sharp cheekbones" you replied idly.

Stephen's face turned red. He didn't expect that answer from you. You usually denied all the teasing he did but now you have the courage to answer him with a counter that made him fall in love with you hard.

"I thought teasing only I can do" Stephen nudged your shoulder with his elbow.

"Well, Doctor Strange. You're not the only one who's good at teasing, right?" you replied, smirking.

September the wind blew gently on the Ancient tree in the middle of the courtyard when the two of you arrived in front of the Sanctuary door, the place where the Ancient One was.

Ancient One who wears a dark green tunic as if expecting you two to come is standing in the middle of the sanctuary, both hands are placed behind her back.

Ancient One glanced at you two before she tipped her head to let you two in.

"Once, in this room, you begged me to let you learn, now I'm telling you question every lesson, preferring to teach yourself. " Ancient One said, referring to Stephen.

"Once, I was asked to free my mind, now I'm told to blindly accept rules that make no sense." Stephen replied walking in front of you.

You grabbed Stephen's arm to calm him down. Stephen glanced at you before his look softened at the sight of your face then looked back at the Ancient One.

"Like the rule against conjuring a gateway in the library? " Ancient One raised an eyebrow at you both.

You gaped. "Wong tell you about that? about us?"

Ancient One faintly smirked before tilting her head slightly to the side. "You two need a safe space to practice your spells."

The Ancient One gestures and creates a new dimensional getaway behind you both. The center of the gateway looks like
a mirror. A cracked mirror, to be exact. It's like reality where you are crack. You were surprised to look around you. The hand holding Stephen's arm was held tightly by you. To shocked to the point of loss of words.