Chapter 3: Where it begins

-=₪۩۞۩₪= Time skip: Seminar =₪۩۞۩₪=-

"Are you sure you don't want me to send you home?"

"yeah, West.. you've asked me the same question 3 times.. anyway, you're tired, right?.. I just don't want to trouble you.. after all, I can take a taxi to go home" you replied with a small smile added to the tiredness.

"Indeed, you can take a taxi to go home, but isn't it dangerous to go back at this time? It's already dark and there aren't many taxis tonight" said West as he put his bag in the back seat of his car.

It's true what West said earlier. It was already dark in this seminar area which was not too quiet and the area could only be heard by the sound of cars not far from the area. After all, you didn't expect the seminar to be quite long this time. The clock showed 11 o'clock at night. The seminar ended not too long ago, so you only have to pack the materials used for the seminar, which is quite a bit too much.

And the reason why West wants to send you home is because your car is currently in the workshop so that's why West wants to send you home plus West has had a crush on you for a long time so this is the time for him to stand out and show himself to be a gentleman. And you don't want to be alone with him.it's not because you don't want the situation to be more awkward, it's just that you don't like being with West alone unless someone else is with you because for you West is a bit... creepy.. that's all you can describe about West's presence. For you only, but for others it may be different. ( I don't like West )

"We won't know if what we hope for is there, West. After all, you've looked tired from the beginning of the seminar until now. I just don't want to burden you by sending me home." You said, rejecting West's offer in a soft way.

West shrugged. " ahh.. I don't even care.. after all, sending you home is not a burden for me. I offer you with an open heart. " said West smiling jokingly while gently patting his chest where the heart is.

You looked at West for a moment. Yes, that's what I meant by what I said earlier. West wants to show that he is a gentleman with his sweet verse. Before you could open your mouth, suddenly your eyes caught a glimpse of a yellow car that was none other than a taxi. You quickly walked towards the shoulder of the road to stop the taxi leaving West in his car. By raising your right hand to signal for the taxi to stop and the taxi then stopped.

"It's okay, West. I'll just take a taxi home... see you at work tomorrow. Bye." you said before getting into the back seat of the taxi and without wasting time giving your address to the taxi driver.

West just waved his hand as soon as the taxi you were in drove away before he clenched his hand into a fist and threw his clenched hand on the roof of the car and immediately he rubbed the hand he had hit with his other hand because of the pain. It seems that his plan to show himself to be a gentleman has failed immediately.

     -=₪۩۞۩₪= Time Skip =₪۩۞۩₪=-

As soon as the taxi pulled up, you let out a sigh of relief. Luckily you were able to escape from West's awkward situation earlier. If not, West will have more reasons to persuade you to send you home. Funnily enough, this taxi appeared at the right time.

Your right hand reached into the pocket of your black jacket to take out the phone to get rid of the boredom. The first thing that appeared on your phone screen were some messages from Irish and some of your colleagues. Surprisingly, there was a message from Stephen.

Giraffe: how was the seminar?
( 2 hours ago)

You looked at the message for a while. Should you reply or not? If you reply, you're just worried that it's bothering Stephen too. What's more, he may be on duty right now.