| Parinidhi Unleashes Her Wrath |

DEVANSH

I reluctantly decided to attend the party solely for the sake of my business deal. Social gatherings weren't my cup of tea, and I had little tolerance for them.

Nonetheless, duty called, compelling me to make an appearance. While I had intended to bring my partner along, Pari adamantly declined. Moreover, Naina received an invitation to the party and suggested we attend together, leaving me with no choice but to oblige.

As I was engrossed in conversation with Naina, my attention was drawn to the entrance where Pari and Mukul approached. Pari looked stunning in her black dress, catching everyone's eye. Though surprised to see her there, I felt relieved knowing she had made it to the party. Yet, my relief turned to annoyance as I observed the hungry gazes of others fixated on her.

As Pari and Mukul reached us, Mukul lingered briefly before moving on, seemingly disregarding my presence. His indifference stung, but I brushed it off, focusing solely on Pari. Stepping closer to her, I scanned the room, my eyes reflecting my frustration, causing others to avert their gaze from her.

As Pari fired back with sarcastic responses to every question I posed, my frustration grew. Even Naina fell victim to her sharp tongue, although it was Naina who should have refrained from interfering in our conversation. Pari's biting retort left Naina seething with anger.

Amidst this exchange, I found myself both amused and intrigued by Pari's newfound assertiveness. When I teasingly questioned if her sharp reactions were fueled by jealousy towards Naina, Pari turned her fury towards me. While I found her transformation captivating, it also unnerved me.

Yet, I couldn't help but acknowledge my own role in pushing Pari to adopt this cold, unyielding persona.

As Pari began to stride away, I hastened my steps, puzzled by her sudden stop. "Pari, hold on. Where are you going?" I queried, concern lacing my voice as I closed the gap between us.

Her unexpected pause led to an inadvertent collision between us, catching me off guard. She pivoted towards me, her eyes ablaze with fury as she bore into mine. "What's the matter, Pari? Did something happen?" I probed, trying to decipher the cause of her abrupt change in demeanor.

A flash of intense anger, bordering on animosity, flickered in her eyes, tinting them a fiery shade of crimson. I was momentarily taken aback by the intensity of her emotions.

Disregarding my inquiry, Pari shifted her gaze towards the entrance, as though scanning the area for someone. "Who are you searching for, Pari?" I followed her line of sight, but found no one there.

"It's none of your concern," she snapped curtly, attempting to bypass me. Reacting instinctively, I reached out and seized her hand, drawing her towards me and causing our bodies to collide. Regaining my composure, I firmly placed my hand on her waist, pulling her closer to me.

As our eyes met, I addressed her with a firm yet composed tone, "Pari, I can sense the anger in your gaze. I understand your frustration. Avoiding eye contact with me speaks volumes, and I understand your feelings. There's a profound resentment simmering within you, and I acknowledge it. I take full responsibility for the mistakes I've made, those that have erected this barrier of bitterness between us. However, I won't tolerate you diminishing the significance of our relationship in front of others."

Pari's sigh, coupled with a fleeting moment of closed eyes, hinted at a potential softening in her demeanor. But as her gaze locked with mine once more, it was clear that her anger had not abated; if anything, it had intensified.

Our already close proximity seemed to shrink further as Pari advanced, her presence enveloping me in the intoxicating fragrance of lavender and rosemary. The air thickened with palpable tension, leaving no physical space between us.