| Prologue |

In the peaceful confines of Pari's small home, which she considered her world, the very place saw her dignity being shattered.

As Pari fell to her knees, her hands trembling, she clasped Dev's feet in a desperate plea for mercy. Tears streamed down her face, mixing with the dust of the ground beneath her. "Please," she begged, her voice choked with emotion, "don't hurt my brother. He's innocent. He's done nothing wrong. Please, spare his life."

Dev's expression remained stoic as he looked down at Pari, his grip tightening on the gun in his hand. With a swift and forceful movement, he grabbed Pari by her neck, pulling her up to face him. Pari winced in pain, but her pleading gaze never wavered.

The cold metal of the gun pressed against Pari's forehead, sending a shiver down her spine. Her heart pounded in her chest as she closed her eyes, bracing herself for the inevitable.

But then, in a sudden and unexpected turn of events, the gun slipped from Pari's forehead, tracing a chilling path down her cheek. Dev's grip on her neck tightened, and he ripped off Pari's dupatta with a harsh tug, throwing it aside with disdain.

As Dev's attention shifted back to Pari's brother, the weight of the moment settled heavily on her shoulders.

With a deep sense of dread, Pari watched as her brother's eyes filled with tears, his body trembling with fear and anguish. "I swear, I didn't do anything," he cried out, his voice cracking with emotion, "please believe me. I'm innocent." But his words fell on deaf ears as Dev remained unmoved, his gaze cold and unforgiving.

In a moment of cruel intention, Dev leaned forward and sank his teeth into Pari's neck, sending a wave of shock and pain coursing through her body. She let out a gasp of agony as she felt his bite, her world spinning as darkness threatened to consume her.