| The Tyranny of Devansh |

DEVANSH

Two years ago, a critical moment unfolded when Pari saved Ansh's life. The following day, engrossed in my work, my PA approached me with urgency. "Boss, This is intended for your attention." he stated, handing over a folder.

During that period, Mr. Keshav, who was Arnav's father, served as my PA. Initially, he served as my father's PA and took charge of the company's affairs following my parents' passing.

He was more than just an employee; he was like a father figure to me. And then, after his untimely demise last year, Arnav stepped into his shoes.

"I've told you countless times, don't address me as 'boss' when it's just the two of us," I reminded him, motioning for him to take a seat.

As I flipped open the folder, I was met with Parinidhi's photos. I shot a questioning look at Mr. Keshav and asked, "I specifically instructed you to send a gift as a token of appreciation to that girl's house. Why did you bring her photos?"

Mr. Keshav rested both hands on the desk, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Dev, if all you needed was to send a gift, you could have delegated that to a driver or a guard. You wouldn't have needed me," he remarked, pausing to gauge my reaction, which he was adept at reading.

"You seek my approval, but without my direct involvement. That's why you tasked me with sending gifts, isn't it? Well, I've purchased all the gifts, but I haven't dispatched them yet. Because, you see, you'll have to accompany me."

"I think you've misunderstood this time," I quickly interjected, clarifying my intentions.

He chuckled at my reaction, his eyes betraying his amusement. "You can't fool me, Dev. I've seen you grow up. His expression then turned more serious, and he continued, "Parinidhi is a good girl."

"Parinidhi" name escaped my lips almost reflexively, a mere whisper in the air.

Mr. Keshav's expression softened as he continued, "Since your parents passed away, you've dedicated your life to ensuring Anshika's well-being. But remember, one day she'll grow up, get married, and start her own family. What then, Dev? You'll be left alone."

His words struck a chord deep within me as I contemplated his words. I had promised myself, in the solemnity of my parents' final rites, that Ansh would always come first in my life.

"But now, for the first time, someone else has caught your eye," Mr. Keshav continued, his voice filled with wisdom. "Don't dismiss the possibility of happiness, Dev. Parinidhi comes from a good family, and despite not having a father, she shoulders the responsibility of her entire household. You and she are meant to be together. She'll be your pillar of support, and you'll be hers. Life is too precious to spend it alone, my boy."

His words resonated deeply within me, evoking a myriad of emotions for Pari. I struggled to find the right words to express myself, so I opted for a silent nod, conveying my understanding and agreement.

"Alright then, we'll head to Pari's house together this evening to deliver the gifts. If the timing seems right, I'll even have a chat with her mother about marriage proposal," Mr. Keshav declared before getting up from his chair and exiting my office.

I reached for Pari's photo from the folder on my desk, feeling a rush of emotions flood over me. There was a serenity in her eyes that I hadn't felt for many years.

Throughout the day, I eagerly awaited the evening, longing to see Pari again. This time, I vowed to myself, I would hold her gaze and never let her slip away.