| Devansh's Dread |

PARINIDHI

As the festivities came to a close, guests began to trickle out one by one. Devansh and I lingered near the doorway, exchanging final farewells with each departing guest.

Reshna had already accompanied Anshika to the room, ensuring she got the rest she needed.

Approaching us with a friendly smile, Ekta expressed her pleasure, saying, "It was delightful meeting you, Pari. Let's plan to meet again soon."

Devansh exchanged a hug with Ekta's husband, but my gaze swept the room, failing to locate Sidhharth.

Even though I wanted to inquire about Sidhharth, I held back in Devansh's presence, anticipating his potential misinterpretation of my question and the repercussions that might follow. The fear of his disapproval kept me from speaking up.

"Where's Sid?" Devansh inquired, his gaze shifting towards Ekta.

The first time Devansh posed a question, it didn't pierce through my ears like usual. Instead, I fixed my gaze on Ekta, yearning for any sliver of information regarding Sidhharth's mysterious absence.

"He's been gone with Nirav for a while now," Ekta disclosed knowingly. "You know how Sidhharth is, he tends to vanish in the company of friends."

The memory is vivid in my mind: as Devansh and I reentered the party scene, Sidhharth's absence was glaring. It wasn't just an absence; it felt like a deliberate evasion. With each passing moment, my suspicion deepened, especially considering Nirav's close ties to Sidhharth.

"Goodbye, Pari," Ekta bid farewell once more before departing with her husband.

Turning to me, Devansh inquired, "Have you had dinner?"

I shook my head.

"Let's eat together," Devansh suggested unexpectedly.

Nodding, I followed him to the dining table.

I hesitantly left two chairs between us out of fear.

Devansh had already directed the staff to call it a night, having put in an extraordinary effort in orchestrating the party and ensuring the guests were well taken care of. As a result, there was nobody left to attend to us.

"I can manage," I offered, but Devansh immediately gestured to stop me and served the food himself.

He then brought his plate over and sat beside me, causing me to shift nervously in my chair.

I couldn't fathom Devansh's changing demeanor, nor did I have the desire to understand.

Silently, I lowered my head and began eating, every morsel feeling stuck in my throat due to Devansh's close proximity.

As I wrapped up my meal, heading towards my room, the distinct rhythm of Devansh's footsteps echoed down the corridor. Instantly, my body tensed, my heart quickening its pace as I halted mid-step, pivoting to glance back over my shoulder.

"You won't be staying in this room anymore," Devansh's words struck me like a sledgehammer, sending shockwaves through my mind. Was he implying that I should move in with him?

Despite its luxurious allure, the idea of being alone with Devansh in his room felt more like a threat than an invitation, especially compared to the relative safety of my current accommodation.

My heart raced as Devansh clasped my hand, leading me towards the stairs. The mere thought of being alone with him in his room was enough to send shivers down my spine.

We traversed the corridor swiftly, Devansh's determined strides leaving me struggling to keep up, my mind a jumble of confusion and apprehension.

Devansh's steps steady and purposeful, not once pausing as we passed by his room. Confusion gripped me as I trailed behind, trying to decipher his intentions.