10

authors note
yall i made a oopsie i just realized

just a disclaimer it is may right now in this book not april idek what i was talking about
it is early may 🙏🙏
—————————————————————

—- REAL LIFE

The pounding headache was the first thing I noticed whenever I woke up. The soft sunlight was creeping through the blinds of Avery and I's dorm. The blonde was in a deep sleep in her bed parallel to mine, only the soft sounds of snoring to be heard. Although the details of last night have not quite caught up to me yet, I can make assumptions just by looking at the two of us. I still have on my leather skirt and gray crop top on, Avery's black tube top visible. It was my idea to go out last night, and with Avery's suggestion of going to the party that the softball team was hosting (I think I know why she suggested that,) we went. I just needed to get my mind off of some things, and going out was the first solution.

I slowly rose out of bed, suddenly regretting drinking those extra shots. Avery was still sleeping, and I knew she would need it, so I decided to go pick up some coffee and food for her. The only coffee shop near by was within walking distance, so I got ready and made my way there. The early May weather was perfect, the temperatures were perfect enough that I could wear my navy blue sweat set. I rounded the corner, the "Maggie's" sign coming into view, meaning I was there. I had only been to Maggie's once since I moved, but it was delicious. Their coffee was perfect all of the time, unlike some places that are never consistent. Avery was the one to introduce me, going on and on about how amazing their croissants were.

Walking in, the smell of espresso and chocolate hits my nostrils, heaven. The walls are painted a sage green color, with vines and flowers in every corner. There weren't a lot of people here, and I haven't gotten a text from Avery yet, so I decided to order something for me and have time for myself before bringing something back for Avery. I walk up to the cashier, a tall, athletic, dark brunette girl waiting for me. I give her a small smile, noticing the "Blake" name tag on her shirt. Her green eyes dart around my face, making me a little nervous.

"What can I do for you?" She asks, her voice is raspy, but not super deep.

"Um, can I have a brown sugar vanilla iced latte, with a chocolate croissant please? Also, a to-go vanilla oat milk latte, with a breakfast sandwich would be great."I ask with another smile on my face.

Blake chuckles a little typing my order into the computer, leaving me confused.

"What?" I laugh.

"Nothing, your order is just exactly what I expected."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No no not at all," she gave me a smile, "It's just, you look... sweet. Like, your face is pleasing to look at, like your order." She had one eyebrow raised like she had no clue what she was talking about either.

"Thank you?" I say in a slightly confused tone, handing her my card.

"Sorry, I know that made no sense. I was just trying to say that you're really pretty." Blake says.

"Oh, you're fine! Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, I appreciate it." I smile at her.

"No not at all, can I have a name? For the order."

"Yeah! It's Leighton."

"Pretty too." She says under her breath. "I'll call your name when it's ready."

I thank her and make my way over to a small table in the corner. The chatter of people had gotten louder, signaling more people had come in. I look up at Blake as she takes an old couple's order. Blake was cute, but I wasn't into her like that. I've been so confused with myself ever since Paige, I don't know who I am.