a day to unwind

The morning after the Grammy Awards found the Rhodes household in a state of blissful exhaustion. The adrenaline and excitement of the previous night had given way to a deep, contented weariness. Victoria Monét, still riding the high of her Grammy wins, awoke to the soft, comforting light of dawn filtering through the curtains of their upscale hotel room in Los Angeles.

Cody Rhodes, ever the attentive husband, was already up, gently cradling Hazel in his arms as he walked back and forth across the room, soothing her morning fussiness. The quiet hum of the city below seemed a world away from the tranquility of their room. Victoria stretched, her eyes lingering on the sight of her husband and daughter, feeling a surge of gratitude for the peaceful moment.

"Morning," Cody whispered as he noticed Victoria stirring, his voice soft to maintain the calm atmosphere.

"Morning," Victoria replied, her voice equally hushed. She propped herself up on her elbows, watching Cody with a smile. "How did we get so lucky?" she murmured, her gaze shifting between Cody and Hazel.

Cody grinned, coming over to sit beside her on the bed, Hazel now content in his arms. "I ask myself that every day," he replied, leaning in to kiss Victoria gently. "How about we take it easy today? No plans, no schedules—just us and our little girl."

Victoria nodded in agreement, the prospect of a lazy day without obligations sounding perfect after the whirlwind of the Grammys. They decided to order room service for breakfast, indulging in a leisurely meal in their pajamas. The pancakes were fluffy, the coffee was rich, and the conversation was light, filled with laughter and soft reflections on the events of the previous night.

After breakfast, the family lounged around the room, the television set to a low volume as they caught up on the news and the media coverage of the Grammy Awards. Victoria, nestled into the crook of Cody's arm, scrolled through her phone, her social media feeds abuzz with congratulations and photos from the event.

As the morning lazily transitioned into afternoon, Cody suggested they take a walk in the hotel garden to get some fresh air. They dressed Hazel in a cute, comfortable outfit and strolled through the quiet paths, the garden lush and blooming, a stark contrast to the bustling city surrounding them. It was a private, serene space where they could enjoy each other's company away from the public eye.

The garden walk led to playful moments with Hazel, gentle teasing between Cody and Victoria, and shared dreams of future plans and aspirations. The simplicity of the day was a gentle reminder of the joy found in just being together.

Returning to their room, the family settled down for a quiet afternoon nap, the soft sound of their synchronized breathing filling the room. The rest of the day passed with similar tranquility, filled with movies, cuddles, and easy conversations. Dinner was a simple affair, ordered in from a nearby restaurant, allowing them to maximize their relaxation time.

As the day drew to a close, Victoria and Cody reflected on the significance of their Grammy journey and the importance of days like today—days where the pace slowed, the world quieted, and they could bask in the warmth of their family's love. It was a perfect, peaceful end to an exhilarating chapter of their lives, a reminder that amidst the chaos of celebrity, the quiet moments were truly the most golden.

As they put Hazel to bed, their hearts were full, and as they themselves turned in for the night, they did so with a deep appreciation for the simple pleasures of life—the love of family, the comfort of home, and the promise of many more lazy days to come.