|𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕖𝕝𝕝

𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 1, 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 5

𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 1, 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 5

"Just a friendly reminder of the parent-teacher conference today," mister Harris said and Maddison looked at Stiles.

"It's today?" her eyes widened. She forgot to tell her mom. Now she's hoping that her brother did. Her brother wasn't in the class, even though he is supposed to be. She started to play with the fabric of her white t-shirt, because of her nervousness.

"You forgot again? You didn't write it on the post-it notes?" Stiles asked her.

"I probably...most definitely did, but I put it somewhere and I-," she whispered to her best friend.

"Forgot where," he interrupted her.

"Yeah," the brunette girl nodded.

"Don't worry about it. Scott for sure didn't forget to tell her," Stiles tried to assure her.

"Did anyone see Scott McCall?" Harris asked and looked right at Maddison. She raised her head and bit her lip with a little shake of her head. "Maddison, you don't know where your brother is? How is that possible?"

"She's not his mother but sister, she doesn't have to know everything about him," Stiles said in her defense.

"Mister Stilinski,"the teacher looked him straight in his brown eyes, "I had no idea you are now speaking for Miss McCall." Stiles rolled his eyes and didn't say anything else. Harris's attention then turned to Jackson Whittemore who was just late for class. He walked up to him and said something. Stiles and Mads were not able to hear that.

"What do you think this was about?" Mads asked him.

"Probably because of last night's attack," he whispered to her.

"What attack?" she was confused.

"The one I told you about in car this morning," he answered. She tried to think about today's morning. "I'll recap it to you."

"Mister Stilisnki, please, ask miss McCall on a date after my class," Harris said to the buzz cut boy who was trying to share to news of the attack to Maddison one more time. 

Both of them rolled their eyes and then, after few minutes, went back to the conversation. Stiles told her everything about attack in video store. He told her about Jackson and Lydia, who were there. He also told her that he is worried about Lydia and about his plan to go to her house. "You know? I wanna make sure that she is fine," he explained.

"Yeah, sure," she chuckled a little bit.

After school Stiles took Maddison home and he went to Lydia's house.

"Mom, I'm home!"she shouted as she walked into her house.

"Maddie, how was school?" Melissa, her mother, asked. She was already in her work outfit.

"Yeah, it was great, I'd say. I also forgot to tell you about the parent and teacher stuff," she said the last sentence with a bit of embarrassment.

"Scott told me, don't worry," she smiled at her. "Where is he anyway?"

"He..." Mads was trying to find some lie she could tell her mom to cover the fact that her brother is somewhere...and she has no idea where. "wanted to study more. Allison said she would help him, at school library. After school. Just them." a young brunette said the lie and was hoping that her mom would believe her.

"Okay, I will text him what time is he coming," Melissa stroked her daughter's long hair and  left for the work.

Maddison took her things upstairs in her untidy room and then started to stick post-in notes from today above the work table. Then she tried to call Scott. Multiple times. He did not pick up. It always went to voicemail.

"Scotty, can you please call me. I'm getting worried about you. Where the hell are you?" she left one voicemail and then texted Stiles if he succeeded in calling Scott. She got an answer right after. The answer was no.

After like an hour she sent him another one and then another one. She was getting more and more worried. She decided to call her mom and tell her everything.

"Maddie, I can't talk much, I'm at work."

"Mom, I don't know where Scott is," she said at the same time.

"What do you mean by that?" her mother asked confused.

"I'm sorry, Scott was not in school today and now he is not picking up the phone."

"Maddie, why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to be mad at Scott," Maddison said honestly.

"I'm gonna try and call him, okay, now I have to go back to work." Maddison could hear how her mother was worried about her twin brother just from her voice.

-----------------------------

"Scott, that was the last time, okay?" Maddison heard her mother from downstairs.

"Yes, mom, yes it was." her brother answered and Maddie was so happy that he is alright.

"Now go to your room," Melissa told him and he walked upstairs where his sister was already waiting.

"Scott, you are alive," she smiled and hugged her brother.

"I'am," he nodded and hugged her back. "I was just being spontaneous."

"With who? Allison?"

"Yeah...it was her birthday today and I wanted it to be special for her."

"Then tell me about it if you want to," she smiled at her brother. She knew that he would love to tell somebody about that whole day date and she was always here to listen.

This is shortest chapter so far.

I hope you like this book so far and mostly that you like our Maddison 🥰

I would also like to say that I probably decide who will be the main LOOOOVE INTEREST btw. (there will be more of them but one that Maddie will end up with.) Do you have any tips? 😉

Enjoy your day and don't forget to click on that little star if you liked this chapter.

Sending lots of love,
Anet, the author ❤