Games (2012 Mikey x GN! Reader)

You weren't much of a gamer.

You never played action games, rarely anything violent, and you didn't have the attention span to play anything with a long story arc. Usually you just played farming games. Minecraft, Animal Crossing, things of that nature.

Mikey, on the other hand, was a gamer of the highest degree. If he wasn't training, on patrol, or sleeping, he was playing video games. All kinds, too. He rarely stuck to one game for longer than a week, as he finished them in record time.

On Christmas you had bought him a new Nintendo Switch console so he could play the newer games instead of having to find them from the trash. You decided one day to head to the lair and show him one of your favorites.

Entering the lair, you called out in a sing-song voice. "Mikey! I'm he-e-re!"

He came running and scooped you up in a hug, spinning you around in excitement. Even though it had only been a few days since he'd seen you, he always acted like he hadn't seen you in months, and it made you smile every time.

"Hey Y/N! I missed you!" He nuzzled his face into your collarbone and smiled.

You grinned back at him, face slightly warm. "I missed you too, Mike." You stepped out of his grasp and grabbed his hand, dragging him to the tv. "I have a new game I wanna show you."

His face lit up and he plugged in his Switch, watching in awe as the screen glowed with color. He never got tired of the colors and sounds that came from the console. It was so much brighter than the older games he had.

You turned on the controller and put your game cartridge in the Switch. Mikey watched as you booted up the game and created a world.

"Stardew Valley?" He asked, intrigued.

"Yeah." You started creating your character. "It's my favorite game, I've been playing since I was little."

He smiled, leaning against the couch as he watched you, tongue sticking out slightly in concentration as you finished your character. He was so happy he met you.

He watched for a bit as you booted up the world and bought a cabin for him to live in, and planted crops for the two of you.

"Okay!" You set your controller down and turned to him, grinning. "You ready to play?"

"Heck yeah!" He pumped his fist and plopped down, grabbing another controller and turning it on.

He created his character as you watched and occasionally helped him with the color slides. Eventually, he had it. With warm blonde hair, hazel eyes, and cinnamon-colored skin, his character looked just like how he thought he'd look as a human. He gave his character overalls and silver earrings to match your character's outfit, and he entered the world with you.

He popped into his cabin and ran out the door to stand next to your character while you planted more crops. He watched you water them and found his watering can in his inventory, copying you to finish watering the plants.

You showed him the controls, and he learned quickly, decorating his house and working with you to harvest and sell your crops. You took him to the caves and after he fainted from a bat attack, he vowed to never go back there, content to let you handle the ore gathering.

You and Mikey played for hours, harvesting crops, gathering wood, and meeting the townspeople. You felt bad for wanting to date one of the villagers, until Mikey said he liked Abigail and wanted to date her, and when you faked offense, he said two girls were better than one.

The two of you laughed and joked throughout the whole time you played, having more fun than you had in a while. Eventually even Raph and Donnie came to watch the two of you. Raph loved watching you fight the monsters in the caves, and Donnie thought Maru's inventions were cool.

That night, as you packed your things to leave, Mikey brought your controller to you and gave you a big hug. You hugged him back, smiling.

"Bye, Y/N. Thanks for showing me that game! I understand why you love it so much, it's so fun!"

You chuckled and nodded. "I'm glad you liked it, Mike. We can play again next time I'm over if you want."

His eyes lit up and he nodded, a big grin on his face.

You pat his he's before leaving, making your way back home.

Mikey collapsed on the couch, a happy sigh leaving his lips.

He couldn't wait for next time.

              *******************

Wrote this for @mmxonn ! Not sure if this counts as a request, but I said I'd do it, so I hope you liked it!
I enjoyed writing this a ton, it was so fun! If you enjoyed, comment, vote for it, whatever it is you do, and I'll see you when I see you! 🐢