Chapter 32

"I know it's you, Azula!" Zuko yelled angrily," Tell your friends to let Kiyi go!"

But we all knew, if this was Azula, then she wasn't going to surrender without a fight. Immediately conjuring another zap of lightning.

"You know I can redirect anything you —?!" Zuko said confidently before cutting off when the lightning hit his fingers.

Everyone saw the thick bolt of electricity enter his body, much too strong for him to handle. He shot the lightning back out through his other hand, causing him to be sent flying to the wall behind him. Fortunately, Aang cushioned the blow and Kaito, who was closest, went to help him up.

The adrenaline spiked in me as I quickly sprinted towards Azula. Though, I could clearly hear Cho's low hiss becoming louder making me look to my left. My feet immediately stopped as he ran between us, had I kept running he would've rammed into me. With a swift spin he swatted Azula with his long tail. She let out a loud gasp from shock as she crashed onto the ground.

"Good boy, Cho!" I said, rushing over to try and restrain Azula.

She brought her hand up to my face, the electricity in her fingers caused her features to become a fluorescent blue. I immediately slapped her hand upwards, the lightning shot into the sky in a loud pain inducing crackle. Then, Azula angrily kicked me in the stomach to throw me off of her but Suki used her fan to hit Azula again. Ty Lee took the opportunity to try and Chi Block her at the same time only to get slapped in the face.

To create some distance Azula then created a large stream of fire. I could see the desperate look in everyone's eyes as they tried to think about what to do. What else was there to do but jump over, so I did, hoping not to catch fire and rushed to Azula once more. Quickly closing the distance, I grabbed Azula by the arm and flipped her to the ground. But she immediately got up. I could tell that Azula had gotten her strength back, now maybe being even stronger than she was before going into the institution. And with that she also got quicker and before I knew it, Azula slammed her mask against the side of my head. Breaking it in the process.

The pain seeped into every inch of my face as I felt a small drop of blood fall from my nose. The others rushed forward to continue the fight but it was already too late. Azula had already propelled herself into the roof.

Suki and Ty Lee helped me back on my feet as Zuko began yelling to the roof.

"No!"

I looked up, refocusing my eyes in a glare. Azula looked down at us with distain much too clear on her face, but she smiled before disappearing with the others who were with her.

"They took her didn't they," Lady Ursa said, running towards us with Noren," They took my baby,"

We all looked down, not being able to face either of them.

"I'm sorry," Zuko said.

Lady Ursa placed her hand over her mouth as she gasped loudly. Tears streamed down her eyes, turning to hug her husband. 

>>>

It was already morning a couple hours later. Suki and Ty Lee went to continue their patrol while the rest of us stayed in the throne room. The fact none of us were able to get a single second of sleep was all too evident. With expressions grim we kept going, we needed to find those kids.

"There were four more kidnappings last night, including little Kiyi. That makes a total of fourteen children," Secretary Gou announced.

"Damn it," Kaito muttered.

"Our citizens are so frightened that they are planning to leave the city before sundown," General Gou continued.

"I don't blame them," Zuko sighed.