Chapter 1

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Once the four nations lived together in harmony. One day, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. The Avatar, master of all four elements, was the only person who could stop them. However, when the world needed him most, he vanished. After a hundred years, my brother Sokka and my sister Katara discovered the new Avatar, an air bender named Aang. Even though he was an amazing air bender, he had a long way to go before he was ready to save anyone. Though he was just a reckless kid. I always believed Aang could save the world.

You remember how it ended, right?

Well, he actually did.

With the help of his close friends, Avatar Aang defeated Fire Lord Ozai and finally ended a hundred years of war. Zuko, Ozai's son, and our ally became the new Fire Lord. As time went on, I also became known as Maiden of the Sea, and to some, heir to the position of Grand Lotus. Together with King Kuei, Aang, Zuko and I promised to restore harmony to the four nations.

>>>

It's been a few hours after the coronation. We all spent the day resting amongst ourselves as the guests left, the loud chatter that was surrounding us slowly went away. As Sokka and was making plans with Suki to visit Kyoshi Island. Kaito, Ty Lee and I were discussing plans to actually have a proper dinner together, and how I should probably try to get on good terms with Mai. I was considering the idea. Especially considering that both Kaito and Ty Lee were her friends, and that I might see her more often now.

"She might stab me with her knife," I sighed.

"No she won't," Ty Lee said encouragingly,"She's not that angry that you um, dated her childhood crush and eh, made Kaito run away from the Fire Nation making us turn our backs on Azula which made us get thrown in prison for a couple months," She paused looking down with her hand on her chin.

"Wait,"

"Ok, she'll be mad when she sees you," Kaito interjected as I took a deep breath,"But I doubt she'll stab you,,,I hope,"

"Okay yea," I widened my eyes, looking away since I was still unsure of this idea,"Great,"

We continued our conversation as the others made their way over to us. Aang showed me the letter he was holding in his hand, the Earth King requested our presence in Ba Sing Se to create a plan to restore the world to harmony.

"We should leave now," Aang suggested.

"I agree," Zuko said, approaching Aang.

"Who's going to stay here then?" I asked Zuko. We just ended the war, the Fire Nation can't be left unattended.

"I will," Kaito said holding her hand up with a small smile.

We all turned to her slightly confused. I then looked to Zuko who nodded, walking towards me. He placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Kaito knows the palace as well as I do," Zuko said,"If there's anyone able to look after here for a few days while we're gone it's her,"

I looked back to Kaito with a small pout. I wished she'd come with us.

"Don't worry about me," Kaito said,"I'll be there when you all visit the Jasmine Dragon but I still have to clean up a few things around here now that Zuko has to leave,"

I nodded my head, accepting there was nothing more I could do.

"Well alright then let's go, the Earth King's waiting," Sokka said.