Chapter 14

We all looked down and waved goodbye to Kaito, Iroh and the Kyoshi warriors as Appa soared off into the sky. I stretched, leaning back against to saddle, letting the cool brisk air flow through my hair. There weren't many clouds in the sky allowing us to see all the terrain from below. It was nice. I sighed, closing my eyes to trying to keep my worries at bay. Luckily by brother was good at brightening my mood.

"Ahhh!" Sokka breathed out,"The open sky above us, a daring mission before us, and friends all around just like old times, isn't it?"

"Is it really?" I snickered, opening my eyes to see my overly excited brother.

"Of course it is," Sokka crossed his arms, smiling back at me.

"Even better than old times!" Aang added,"Before, I've always wanted to kiss Katara and now I actually get to do it!"

"Aw, Sweetie!" Katara blushed.

The two exchanged in the softest kiss I've ever beard witness to. It was cute. They were still stuck in the butterfly stage from what I could tell. It was like a dose of sugar being dumped on you.

"I for one could do without that part," Sokka groaned, resting his cheek on his hand.

"Please your just salty that Suki isn't here," I snickered, nudging him.

Sokka whined, taking in that fact for the fifth time already.

"Too bad Toph couldn't be here," Katara said, breaking the light hearted conversation and looking back to Zuko and Azula who sat in silence.

"Well, instead of Toph, now we have,," Aang said, trying to bring back the mood that just died.

"So tell me, kids," Azula said glaring at us,"I've been dying to know. Which one of you miscreants did she approach first?"

"Miscreants?" I replied feeling miffed that she used that word to describe us.

"What are you talking about?" Katara asked.

"None of you had even met me yet! How did she convince you to help her ruin my life?!" Azula said a bit deranged,"I bet it was you Kya! But how?!"

"That's enough, Azula!" Zuko growled putting his fist in front of her, smoke emitted from it as if he was ready to fire at her.

"Put that away, Zuzu," Azula smiled,"It's just small talk,"

"There's no yelling in small talk," I replied.

All I could think about is how Azula became this way. How much pain did she have to be in to become like this? I started to feel bad for her again. The Azula that threatened me in the past is a completely different person to the Azula I'm witnessing now.

Sokka sighed, sinking into the saddle,"I miss Toph,"

"You said it." Aang replied.

>>>

"I wish Cho were here," I whispered to myself. The hours of uncomfortable silence was starting to becoming unbearable.

"Well then you should have brought him," Sokka replied, rolling his eyes.

"Oh yea like I can bring a giant lizard hound on Appa," I retorted.

"I mean you could have come alone," Sokka argued.

"And leave you four with one less person to defend yourselves if Azula were to attack," I said, raising my brow.

"I'll take it back," Sokka said, a bit nervous at the thought.

"Exactly," I whispered with a tight smile.

"I think that's Hira'a up ahead," Zuko said looking into the distance so I did the same,"If we can't get there before sunset, though, we should set up camp. I don't want to enter town in the middle of the night like a gang of bandits,"