Chapter 4: Dangerous Enemy

Four years later..

Haru will be completing his studies in Seoul this year. After Nami's death, he left his daughter, Y/N, in the care of Nami's family in Daegu. Though he hasn't visited Daegu since, he calls them everyday to hear about his daughter, his only lifeline.

Raising Y/N had been really difficult for Nami's family. Since she was pre-matured, her health is really fragile and she gets sick very quickly. Nevertheless, she grew up as a happy child, with no knowledge about the tragic past. She mostly spends time with her older cousin, Taehyung and a boy from the neighborhood, Yoongi.

Yoongi, a quite and cute boy, is about six years older than Y/N. He belongs from a very poor family-his parents run a small shop. So, he is mostly taken care by Nami's family. They treat him like their own.

You-Y/N-are really excited today. Why not? Today is a big day!! You're going to meet your Appa for the first time!!! You have never met him before, only heard his voice over phone calls. You always prayed to God that you wanted to meet your Appa once and live with him forever. And that day is finally here.
And not only that, you're also excited to meet your aunt, Naeun and your older cousins, Sung hyo and Sungjae.

Right now, you're are with Taehyung and Yoongi. They both are doing their homeworks while you're just watching them-you don't go to school yet. "Oppa... How does my Appa look like?" you ask to Taehyung.

"Oh.. Harumo?" he looks up and thinks for a moment. "You know, he looks like a superhero from a fairy tale! He's so cool!! Not like my Appa, grumpy."

"I can hear everything Taegu ah!" Ji Cheol smirks.

"And my eomma... Do you know her, Oppa?" you ask innocently.

"Namikuku--", Taehyung is about to say something when Yoongi glares at him. He clears his throat and says, "Your eomma is really pretty, just like you."

"Is she also coming today??" you jump in excitement.

"No... But she'll come some other day!" Yoongi assures you.

Just then, Taehyung's mom, Mina calls three of you, "Taegu, Y/N, Yoongi, come here! See, who is here!"

Taehyung jumps in excitement and runs before you, yelling Harumo. He goes and hugs a man-tall and thin, with long hair, fair skin and thick glasses. Yes... He is indeed handsome. You look at him wide eyed. He does look like a superhero that came out right from a fairy tale. And by the resemblance you have of him, anyone can make out he's your dad. He takes Taehyung in his arms and asks him a few things, they both giggle. Soon, his eyes are fixed on you. His smile drops a bit and his eyes glimmer with tears. He comes a bit towards you and opens his arm, "Y/N ah!"

You run into his arms and he picks your fragile figure up. He snuggles his face into your head and plants a small kiss on your temple. "My baby, how much you've grown up!!"

"Appa!!" you yell in joy, meeting you dad for the first time. "I always wanted to meet you, Appa!!! You won't leave me now, right?"

Haru chuckles, "Of course, my sweetheart!! Appa will never leave you again!" he kisses her forehead.

Haru freshens up and does lunch with them. It feels magical for him to see his little one grow so fast! He just wants to pull her into his arms and cry; she reminds him of Nami-how much she had planned for her.

"Hyung... I'm sorry... Y/N had been a trouble for you all.. ", Haru says, feeling a bit guilty that he left his responsibility like that.

"Never say that, Haru ah!! Doing something for her... makes me feel like I did it for my sister... Nevertheless, you're also like a brother to me!! And moreover, the happiest one was Taehyung!" Ji Cheol chuckles.

"Hmm.. He's too overjoyed!! Wherever any of his friends would come, he would always brag about his sister!" Mina giggles.

Soon, the guests-Nami's older sister, Naeun and her family-arrive. You're really happy to meet your cousin sister, Sung hyo (about 5 years older than you) and your cousin brother, Sungjae (the same age as Taehyung)

"Y/Nieeee!!!!!" Sungjae giggles and rushes towards you. He hugs you but soon, you're pulled away by Taehyung, "She's my sister, Jaegu!!!"

Sungjae drags you again, shouting, "No, she's mine!!!"

"Ugh, stop it you both!" you're dragged my Sung hyo. "She's mine and that's final!" you giggle.

After playing several games for a couple of hours-hide and seek, catch-catch, rock-paper-scissors and so on, it is time for your beloved cousins to go back. You're shocked when you see the door open suddenly, revealing a number of guards and a fine, young man. He is tall and muscular, with several guns in his pocket. Sungjae runs towards him, jumping in his arms, squealing "Appa!!" meanwhile you see your sister, Sung hyo frown and shudder.

The man is Yook Jaehyun, the king of the Yook Mafia family-the second biggest mafia family, after the Kims. He married Naeun but is a misogynist and an abuser. He even abuses his own daughter.

When he sees you, he narrows his eyes. His gaze is fixed on your neck-your birthmark, a straight line of five moles. He can never mistaken the birth symbol of his greatest enemies, the Kims. But you've no idea why he is looking at you so terrifyingly. He comes towards you, with Sungjae in his arms and asks, "Who is this kid?"

Sungjae gets down and hugs you. He introduces you to his dad, "Appa!! This is Y/N, my lil sister!! My lil cousin!!"

"Hmm... I see.. ", he says smirking. He kneels down to your height and asks, "Where are your parents?"

You flinch. You get so scared that you don't even say a word. Just then, your father comes from behind you and says, "She's mine. I'm her father!"

Jaehyun looks up at your father and his expression turns into a dangerous one. He stands up, putting his hands in his pockets, "Kim? Aren't you... The next heir, hmm?"

Haru could feel the shocked gazes upon him. But still, he manages to say, "Yes.. I'm! But.. I left home. And I've nothing to do with them. So, leave us alone!"

"Really? Leave you alone?" he smirks and pulls out a loaded gun and points it at you. There are gasps all over.

"No.. Not my daughter... If you want, kill me. Not her!" Haru stays sternly. He clenches his jaw and gives him a fierce glare—if he would have a weapon, he would surely chop Yook's head off for having his beloved daughter at gun point.

Suddenly, Sungjae runs over to you and stands in front. He yells, "No Appa!!! NO!! You're coming nowhere near my baby sis!!!"

He looks taken aback for a moment. A few seconds later, he just pokes his inner cheek and mumbles "Fine". He grabs Naeun's wrist and drags her out. Sungjae and Sung hyo follow them, frowning.

You stay still, remaining confused.

Who was that man? Why did he wanna kill me and my Appa?

Do you think Yook Jaehyun will be a big obstacle in Y/N's life?
Leave your guesses below!

Preview for next part:

What are you doing here?" he asks in a furious voice. His glare is so intense that it makes you squirm.

You stutter, "I.. I.. A-Ajuma.. ". Suddenly, he grabs your hair, making you clench your teeth. You hold his wrist, trying to get away from his hold. "Ah... L-leave m-me!"

"Who told you to come in my room? How dare you?" he asks angrily.

Without knowing, tears started flowing down your cheeks and you sob. You stutter out,
"A-Ajuma told me to c-come here..!! I'm s-sorry, o-oppa!!!"

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thank you! <3