Chapter 6: Sudden Change

I HATE YOU, KIM Y/N!!!

Jungkook swears to take revenge on Y/N.

From some days, you have been feeling dizzy and a weird chest pain. You didn't want to tell about this anyone cuz you know it would make them worry. You think it's nothing but just your fragile health.

It's a normal day at school. You are walking through the school corridor towards your classroom as the break is about to finish soon. Suddenly, your head spins and you feel dizzy. You let out a slight groan and hold onto the wall to support your body.

From the other side, Jungkook is also returning to his own classroom. Suddenly, his eyes lay on his prey, Y/N. His gaze turned into a glare and he balled his fists. He comes towards you, about to pull your hair and bully you. When he pulls you by your hair, you—who was already feeling dizzy—fall into his arms, unconscious. This causes Jungkook to panic. He taps your cheeks, rubs your back, calling your name, "Y/N!!! Y/N ahh!!! Wake up!! Open your eyes!!!" His eyes get teary and he shouts "Teacher!!! Teacher!!! Help!!!"

Some of the teachers come to help him. They take you to the medical room and try to bring back your sense but nothing happens. You are rushed to the hospital then, along with Jungkook and Junghyun. Mr. and Mrs Jeon are also called there. When the doctor brings out your report, it shows that your heart has been beating abnormally fast and due to that, the blood circulation was not enough for your brain. This is why you felt dizzy and fainted. They said that they have to put on a pacemaker on your chest to normalize your heartbeat.

Young Jungkook didn't understand any of that. He just stayed quiet the whole day. Didn't talk to anyone, didn't eat lunch properly, didn't even go for sports classes, which was the rarest for him to do so. On reaching home, he just stayed in his room for the whole time. He just felt so guilty. He thinks it's all his fault. Maybe if he hadn't bullied you, you would be perfectly fine. He keeps on crying, feeling all guilty.

How will I face her now? What crime did you do, Kookie!!!!!

The door suddenly opened, revealing his older brother. Junghyun has been worried about his little one. Both the Jeon brothers have a strong bond between them. Despite of their two years age gap, they consisdered each other their first best friend. Usually Jungkook would just talk for a couple of hours with him—talking about his day at school and so on, but it was too strange for him to stay in his room alone for too long. So Junghyun came to check on him. His heart clenches when he sees Jungkook crying. He knows that Jungkook is traumatized by what happened today earlier. He just simply goes near Jungkook and pulls him in a hug, which makes him break down.

"H-Hyung....I'm... I'm so bad!! S-she... Fainted!!" he stutters while crying. Junghyun just chuckles and pats his back.

"She's alright, Kookie!! And it was not your fault!" he tousles his hair. "Why did you bully her, hmm?"

"S-she... When she came... You... Eomma...Appa... Started loving her more! I-I didn't get that much love that I used to get...! I... I felt like I had to share you all with her..!!" he says, his voice breaking.

"Kookie! Do you know why we love her? She has no eomma!!!" he explains him. Jungkook pulls away, looking wide-eyed, "N-no...E-eomma..?!!" He feels guilty. He didn't know the truth about you. He now thinks of how much difficulty you have gone through... How lonely you must feel... He can't even imagine a day without his mom. He gets a sudden urge of protecting you from every enemy and bully out there. He wants to be with you forever and never let you feel lonely.

He looks down, and mumbles, "She won't... Forgive me right?"

Junghyun chuckles and says, "Why not? Try your best! You see, she'll be your friend one day!"