Chapter 3: Grief

"I'm.... P-PREGNANT!!"

After hearing those words, Haru stays frozen in his spot. His eyes widen and his face turns pale. She's Pregnant with my child!

However, he manages himself and pulls Nami in a hug. She breaks down, crying loudly in his chest. He pats her back and tousles her hair.

He slowly pulls her up and makes her sit on the couch. He brings her a glass of water.

"H-Haru... What will be do? How will we raise it?" she asks in her broken voice.

"Don't worry, babe... We'll get an abortio--"

"NO! NEVER!! I'll not kill an innocent being!! We're keeping it!!" she yells, tears forming in her eyes again.

"But Nami... We're just nineteen.. "

"If you want to leave us, then leave! I'll raise it alone!!" she fights back.

"Woah! Woah! Calm down!! Fine.. We're keeping it!" he tells her. "And I'll not leave you anywhere! I'm not this irresponsible that I'll abandon my wife and my unborn child..."

Nami gives out a weak smile. She frowns and says, "Our families.... What about them, Haru?"

"We'll try to convince them... If not, then.. I'll do something to feed my family!" he assures her.

Some days passed by, Haru gathers some courage to face his family. He walks up to his older brother, Hancheol, who is the current king.

"Hyung..", he calls his brother to make him aware of his presence.

"Yes, Haru. You need anything?" he asks without looking at him.

"I need to talk to you... ", he tells nervously.

"Hmm... Sit here." he tells him, still  unbothered. He closes his file and looks at Haru. He is nibbling on his bottom lip, looking worried. "What is it, Haru? Anything about school?"

"No....", he clears his throat. "Actually... There's a new student in my class...she came some months ago... Her name is Kim Nami.. She's from Dae--"

Hancheol cuts him off, "Get to the point!"

"Uh... She and me have become good friends... Well, maybe more than friends... I-I f*cked her and now... She's Pregnant with my child...", he lets out nervously.

Hancheol stands up abruptly, shocked. "Tell me you're joking, Haru!"

"N-no hyung...Please help me...", he pleads.

"Help?! You think I'll help you, huh?!! IS THIS WHAT APPA TAUGHT YOU?!!!" he yells at Haru.

"Hyung please... It was not intentional--"

"Get an Abortion!! And forget that bitch!! Did you forget your marriage is already fixed with Chaeun, Lee's daughter?!!" he says furiously.

"I'm no way marrying that annoying bitch!! I hate her!! I love Nami and now, she's the mother of my child. I'm not at any chance, leaving her!!" Haru announces his decision.

"Oh really?" Hancheol smirks. "Then, leave the Kim family, you're a DISAPPOINTMENT for us!!! I did the right decision choosing to be the king. I don't know why appa has chosen you as the king. You literally disrespected Appa's teachings!!! Is that what he taught you? Go around, f*ck girls and get them impregnated?!!!" he yells furiously.

"Then, Appa also didn't teach me to run away from my responsibilities and consequences. I'm going to follow the right path. At least, living with the love of my life and child would be much better than living with you all!!! What matters is I'm happy!!!" Haru yells too. He walks out and starts packing his things.