49 ― i will always love you.

❝ this one's for you

this one's for you.

ACHARA SAT ON THE MAT OF COBRA KAI.

She reached forward, touching the top of her toes with her fingers. She was trying to focus on warming up and stretching, but her eyes kept wandering across the dojo where Tory was having a conversation with Robby. She couldn't hear what they were talking about, but Achara assumed by the way that Robby glanced at her out the corner of his eye, that Tory told him about the breakup.

Achara looked away, trying to focus on anything else she could. Robby was supposed to be her best friend. He was supposed to be there for her. Robby had made a promise that there was nothing that would ruin their friendship and come between them again. Yet here they were just a few months later, strangers once again.

Achara couldn't remember the last conversation that she had with him that wasn't karate related. It wasn't that she wasn't trying, she was. Robby just seemed too preoccupied with getting revenge on his dad and Daniel LaRusso to care about anything else. There was also the fact that he had started to grow closer to Tory and Achara wasn't sure what to make of it.

"All right, class," Kreese said as he walked into the main dojo. "Fall in."

Achara rose to her feet, claiming her spot on the mat. Tory didn't even dare to look at her.

"Today's lesson is about balance," Kreese announced. "Not the way Miyagi-Do teaches it. You're gonna learn how to get inside the heads of your opponents and throw them off balance. Pair up."

Tory looked past Achara, nodding her head towards Robby. The two paired up, leaving Achara to glance around the room in search of a partner. Piper skipped up to her with a smile on her face.

"Need a partner?"

Achara nodded. A smile appeared on Piper's face. The two girls stood in the center of the mat. As she sparred with Piper, Achara kept glancing at Tory and Robby. She couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about.

"Hey, where's your head at?" Piper asked, getting her attention.

Achara turned to look at her, blocking Piper's fist. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it," Achara snapped, words coming out harsher than she intended.

Piper frowned slightly. "Sorry I asked."

Achara sighed. "No, it's fine. Sorry. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"That's a shame," Piper responded. "Anything you want to talk about? All my friends tell me I'm a really good listener."

Achara shook her head. "No, it's okay. Thanks though."

Piper nodded her head and smiled. "No problem."

Achara and Piper continued to spar. Piper opened her mouth as if she were about to say something else, but she was cut off by the sound of the bell above the door.