08 ― the rabbit on the moon.

❝ how could i not like you? ❞

how could i not like you?

THE TWINS STOOD ON THE MAT AT COBRA KAI.

Practice was just about over. Sensei was working them extra hard today, pushing their limits and making sure that their stances were perfect. All Decha wanted to do was go home and take a shower and then lay in his bed listening to music. There was nothing that sounded more peaceful. Achara just wanted to eat food. She could feel her stomach aching and growling and gurgling throughout practice.

Sensei was observing their fighting stance, making his way through the lines of students.

"Holy shit," he said. "We got a room full of flinchers."

"Yes, Sensei!"

"That was not a question!" Sensei shouted. "Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face."

Achara and Decha didn't raise their hand. Both of them had been punched in the face. Decha by the numerous people he had broken up with after they got mad or upset that he had ended the relationship and Achara when she was sparring with Aisha and Aisha's fist made direct contact with her nose. It'd been an accident, but Achara thought it still counted.

They glanced around the room, noticing that Miguel and Aisha were the only ones besides them who didn't raise their hand. Everyone else's was up in the air.

"Put your hands down," Sensei instructed. "All your lives, you've been avoiding fights so you don't break your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion nonsense. So, there's only one solution, and that is before you leave this dojo, each and every one of you is gonna take a punch very hard, to the face. Ms. Robinson, line them up. Unflinch this group."

"Yes, Sensei," Aisha obeyed.

Sensei walked away, making his way into the office. The town's watched as Aisha cracked her knuckles and stepped in front of one of the other students and punched him in the face.

"Next," Aisha said.

This continued one by one until the dojo was full of students with a bloody nose, busted lips, or a red mark that was sure to turn into a bruise. Having enough of watching punch after punch, Achara walked towards Sensei's office where she saw Miguel had gone. She stopped when she heard them talking. Not wanting to walk in on their conversation unannounced, she raised her fist to knock on the door. But she stopped when she heard what Miguel said.

"Well, there's a girl..."

"Is she hot?" Sensei asked.

"...and she's super smart."

"Hot?"

"...funny and cool."

"Hot?"

"Yes, she's hot," Miguel answered. "Super hot. I think you'd really like her. She likes karate, and...I mean I wanna ask her out, I just don't know how."